We are currently recruiting for a Department Head in Fund Accounting Services responsible for the NAV Hub group. The successful candidate will oversee the NAV Hub, Derivatives and Bank Loan disciplines across Boston and Denver while driving each disciplines’ strategy. In addition, the candidate’s remit will include managing a large scale global team and leveraging one’s functional expertise, leadership, initiative, creativity, and management skills including delegation and the ability to instill enthusiasm and commitment among team members. The position's emphasis is on execution of department strategy, service excellence, talent development including succession planning, and risk management.
Success in this role will not be through independent effort and is entirely contingent on close partnership across multiple BBH constituents and geographies, including but not limited to Global Client Service, Change Management, Relationship Excellence, Strategy, Marketing, FinTech, Systems, and Product/Data & Digital. In addition, success will be dependent on close engagement and strategic alignment with our existing and prospective client base.
Key Responsibilities include:
1) Management of Operations
- Ensure teams are delivering high quality service to internal and external clients
- Communicate our top down firm and division goals to establish a baseline for our day to day operational goals
- Serve as a key decision maker in the evaluation of onboarding new business as we understand the impact to our business model
- Identify threats to scale and service quality and proactively address through organizational or technology changes
2) Risk Management and Control
- Ensure compliance to all best practices and controls within the operations environment
- Monitor operational issues and follow through on effective problem resolution with management of supporting departments
- Serve as an escalation point for potential financial, client-related, and other issues
- Understand key regulatory reforms or obligations that may impact the way we carry out our business
3) Technology and Innovation
- Seek to add increased efficiency within the operation through the use of technology while maintaining a high degree of client satisfaction
- Develop and maintain a culture of results oriented, continuous process improvement
- Embrace emerging technology and serve as a senior voice in the evaluation of new tools
- Bring forth new ideas under the IRG construct to improve our capabilities and service levels
4) People Management / Leadership
- Lead and manage ongoing project management and act as a professional voice for the department and firm as a whole
- Oversee the supervision of staff members through appropriate recruiting, training, performance management, and succession planning.
- Ensure selective selection, development, and retention of highly qualified, strong performing team members.
- Establish challenging performance standards
- Participate in salary and bonus planning for department
- Actively manage staff performance and progressive discipline process for employees who fail to meet expectations.
- Delegate effectively by clearly communicating objectives, standards, responsibilities, and milestones while holding individuals and teams accountable for achieving results.
- Foster and maintain key relationships with peer network across global divisions
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- BS/ MA in a business degree program
- 10 + years expertise in Fund Admin/ Accounting
- Experience with managing multiple operational teams and processes
- Ability to motivate team to perform and deliver a high level of service
- Ability to communicate openly and sincerely and conduct oneself with the highest respect for the client and all BBH support areas
- Strong client communication skills and effective presentation skills
- Ability to manage and implement change
Attributes of a successful applicant:
- Inspirational leadership and demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire employees at all levels
- Proven ability to develop talent
- Strong internal relationships with draw and credibility
- Transformational change agent, with forward thinking ability including ability to analyze future impacts, trends and market regulations
- Strong technical acumen
- Strong risk mind set
- Strategic acumen