MIT Lincoln Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) chartered to develop advanced technology in support of national security. The Laboratory works with government and industry to transition new concepts, technology and prototypes into future system development and deployment.
The Contracting Services Department's fundamental mission is to negotiate and administer the prime contract with the U.S. Air Force under which MIT Lincoln Laboratory is authorized to operate.
Additionally, the Contracting Services Department solicits, negotiates, issues, administers, and closes out all purchase orders and subcontracts for the goods and services necessary to support the Laboratory's mission of advanced research.
Procurements include commercial material, equipment, and construction, as well as research and development and technical consulting support. CSD also manages several related functions such as shipping, receiving, the internal stockrooms, and the warehouse.
The Department Business Manager will manage the budget and lead the administrative operations of the Contracting Services Department. This position is an integral member of the Department’s management team.
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Operations, the Department Business Manager is responsible for development and administration of the Department budget, including monthly analysis and reporting, and tracking variances in actual costs with planned budget targets.
Will assist the Dept Head in personnel matters, including hiring; wage and salary reviews; staff performance evaluations; and handling and resolution of personnel performance issues. Will serve as primary interface to Human Resources.
Will serve as Dept training coordinator and staff career development monitor and oversee the development and administration of these programs.
Responsible for the administration of the CSD Leadership Development Programs (LDP). Is responsible for the development and administration of the CSD Communications program to effectively present to the user community CSD services.
Will act as supervisor and will provide daily oversight of the central Department office support staff. Will support the Department head in the promulgation and dissemination of procurement policies and procedures and will lead special projects as assigned.
Act as POC for all space related activities within the Department. Other duties as assigned by the CSD Department Head.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- MBA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of financial analysis and administration
- Advanced Excel and MS Office skills
- Strong budget and financial management skills
- Proficiency in planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting
- Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills
- Exceptional judgment and discretion with regard to protecting sensitive personal information
- Ability to supervise and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to transform complex financial data into concise information for senior leadership decision making
- Excellent analytical, financial, verbal, communication and writing skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of Laboratory procurement policies and procedures
- SAP proficiency preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance