$160K — $200K *
Provides direct dental care to patients on a full-time basis. Report directly to the Lead Dentist at the assigned site regarding clinical issues and activities related to delivery of dental care
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for working with the Chief Dental Officer to assure that the mission and vision is communicated and practiced and that optimal productivity, patient satisfaction and service excellence scores are achieved.
2. Provides and manages direct patient care, including intra and extra oral examinations and treatment while meeting the Centers minimum productivity requirements per year as set by the Center and Chief Dental Officer (prorated per FTE).
3. Provides excellent customer service to assist patients with their health care needs and achieves an individual score of 90.0 overall patient satisfaction.
4. Participates in the peer review process and has 100% participation in chart audits.
5. Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
6. Exhibits organizational awareness and promotion by participating in health promotion, education and/or prevention programs, or otherwise supporting the organization and its mission.
7. Trains and supervises dental students in activities and procedures, as assigned. Actively engages with students, assuring a positive experience in a community health setting.
8. Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
9. Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed dental conditions.
10. Takes calls after hours and on weekends on a rotation basis with other providers.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must possess an unrestricted license to practice Dentistry in the State of Texas
Preferably bilingual in English/Spanish
Preferably possess an understanding of the socio-economic problems of low-income groups
Must be registered and have current DEA and other such certificates to legally operate as a practitioner in the State of Texas
Expected to pursue appointment as adjunct faculty at UT Health Dental School
Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS), American Heart Association
Must have strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
Scheduled hours and/or work locations are subject to change
Doctorate or better in Pre-Dentistry.
Valid through: 1/27/2022