Dental Strategic Accounts Manager
This position is accountable for developing and implementing the strategic plans necessary for growth and profitability within Midmark’ s corporate account, university, government, CHC, DSO and other institution customers.This position manages the introduction, sales and re-marketing activities to the division’s corporate accounts. Corporate accounts include, but may not be limited to:
- Dental Schools
- Dental Hygiene Schools & Dental Assisting Schools
- Large private dental groups, e.g. more than 5 facilities crossing state or regional boundaries (Heartland, ADP, etc.)
- Community Health Centers (CHC’s) crossing state or regional boundaries
- Government dental facilities (e.g. bases and VA Hospitals)
- Indian health services practices
- Dealer Corporate Accounts groups
- Other institutional accounts as directed or uncovered
- Direct and coordinate business forecasting, pricing, and asset management to assure the means for establishing sound yearly and long-range objectives as directed by the Director of Strategic Accounts. The expectation of this position is that sales objectives are achieved or exceeded.
- Responsible for the sales process around these accounts – prospecting, creating, selling, negotiation, closing, ordering, delivery, installation, service, account management, and ongoing contract maintenance.
- Work with sales leadership to implement the business unit’s short-term and long-term strategy to support the annual Strategic Planning process.
- Provide leadership to distributors and end-user customer accounts with respect to Division and Corporate policy and objectives.
- Work with the Marketing Department to implement strategic marketing plans through the division’s field sales force, promotions group, and customer service/technical service department
- Negotiate future renewal proposal for GSA pricing in advance of agreement expiration.
- A completed task, not how that task is completed
- Responsibilities that are needed or desirable for better fulfilment of primary responsibilities
- Is an active participant and presents during the Midmark NSM
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external customers
- Visionary thinker who can articulate a future state
- Mentors sales force on strategic selling approaches
- Recruit and develop a high performing Strategic Account’s sales team
- Mentor team on best practice sales tactics
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:Minimum 5 years of successful experience in a Sales and/or Marketing position with preference for experience in a health-care or high-technology, distribution-based selling environment. Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a marketing, business or related field; MBA recommended.