The Provider Network Manager II develops the provider network through contract negotiations, relationship development, and servicing. Primary focus of this role is contracting and negotiating contract terms. Typically works with more complex providers at least 50% of the time. Complex providers may include, but are not limited to, smaller institutional providers, professional providers with more complex contracts, medical groups, ancillary providers, providers in areas with increased competition or where greater provider education around managed care concepts is required. Contracts may involve non-standard arrangements that require a moderate level of negotiation skills. Fee schedules can be customized. Works with increased independence and requires increased use of judgment and discretion.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as resource for lower-leveled consultants.
- May work on cross-functional projects requiring collaboration with other key areas.
- May collaborate with sales team in making presentations to employer groups.
- Serves as a communication link between professional providers and the company. Conducts more complex negotiations and drafts documents.
- Assists in preparing financial projections and conducting analysis as required.
- Requires a BA/BS degree; 3-5 years experience in contracting, provider relations, provider servicing; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires travel.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $86,016 to $107,520
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - No
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Often
- 3 years of dental networkexperience
- Previous experience in the health insurance/managed care industry
- Contract negotiation experience
- Provider contracting, provider relations and/or provider servicing experiencepreferred
- Dental networkexperiencepreferred