ERM is seeking a Demolition & Environmental Remediation Senior Engineer to join our top-ranked global environmental consulting firm in our Hartford, CT office. As part of a growing and diverse local office, you will work on complex site, remediation and environmental construction projects at a variety of oil & gas, industrial manufacturing, and power plant sites across North America. In this role, you will be part of the project delivery team focused on sites with emphasis on demolition, decontamination and decommissioning (DDD).
You will prepare remediation/construction/demolition/decommissioning bid packages and engineering cost estimates. Provide oversight of contractors, subcontractors, and construction inspectors, is responsible for safe implementation of field work, and direct the progress of work.
This is an excellent opportunity for an environmental/construction professional looking to contribute technically to challenging contaminated site management projects as you build a rewarding career path with a global environmental leader.
- Plan and execute remediation and DDD construction projects, including design and constructability reviews, preparation of opinions of probable cost, pre-construction conferences, supervision and direct field staff management, client and progress meetings, subcontractor management, work progress and schedule management, on-site coordination, health and safety audits, and problem exposure, risk reduction and resolution meetings.
- Review contractor submittals, including but not limited to, Requests for Information, contract clarifications, contract-required submittals, change order requests, and other documents related to compliance with project specifications.
- Provide construction management, construction quality assurance, site development/restoration, earthwork operations, remedial systems, land disposal facilities, and related environmental projects.
- Serve as project manager for site investigation, remediation, and decommissioning/decontamination/demolition environmental construction projects to develop and implement site-specific Health & Safety Plans, including monitoring conformance with safety and emergency procedures.
- Coordinate the resolution of issues arising from the inspection process or from contract administration.
- Plan and schedule on-site staff and contractors, evaluate subcontractor performance and schedules, and negotiate and resolve change order requests.
- Provide liaison between field activities and Program Manager and client, assume prime responsibility in assuring completion of projects in the field in conformance with project plans and specifications, and assure that clarifications and interpretations required for proper execution of the contract are implemented.
- Interface with Program Managers and Partners to identify and track upcoming construction management requirements, meet with clients to identify upcoming work, and assist in business development activities, including preparation of proposals, interviews, and project contracting.
- BS Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in environmental engineering and construction management consulting.
- Experience with construction sites (DDD preferred) and management of the preparation of work plans, field efforts and report writing.
- Experience implementing strict Health and Safety protocols. OSHA 40-hour training required and OSHA 30- hour Construction and 8 hour supervisor a plus.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of Connecticut and/or New York is a plus.
- Experience with Federal and State (CT, NY, MA) regulations applicable to environmental site remediation and hazard abatement, including TSCA.
- Ability to estimate, process and track project costs, transmittals, submittals and invoices. Working knowledge of cost estimating tools.
- Ability to provide excellent project delivery and client service, quality on project deliverables; excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in contracting and field oversight of remedial/construction/support trade subcontractors.
- Ability to organize and coordinate field personnel, subcontractors and vendors.
- Willing to travel to field assignments throughout the United States.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.