Why Work for Us?
The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America’s largest arts and crafts specialty retailer, with more than 1,300 stores in the United States and Canada. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
We are currently recruiting for a Web Developer located in our Support Center (Global Headquarters) located in Irving, TX.
What will you be doing?
This position will be responsible for developing, optimizing, maintaining and supporting the Michaels.com website.
- Design, develop and maintain new and existing web components for shopping, marketing and content
- Collaborate with the eCommerce team to understand business requirements
- Document all design specifications for development
- Assist in website operations
- Help manage all internal and external interfaces associated with Michaels.com to support the Michaels.com web business.
- Daily oversight of all data updates, feeds, and builds.
- Activities include working from an approved product backlog to convert new feature & enhancement requests to Demandware-compatible code. Duties include, but are not limited to, coding, applying proper programming standards, documenting major changes from core functionality, etc.
- Activities include ensuring safe use of Demandware resources. Duties include but are not limited to reviewing/mitigating/resolving error logs and performance issues etc.
Standards & Compliance:
- Activities include ensuring well regulated use of customer facing & internal system facing ecommerce applications. Duties include but are not limited to preparing for passage of quarterly PCI audits, managing audit trail of all production changes, ensuring IT PMO adherence, ensuring the latest SDLC and OWASP standards, ensuring web best practices are adhered to.
- Provide Demandware expertise to support team as required
- Other duties as assigned
Category and Applicable Knowledge/Skills/Abilities This section will also be part of the job posting. Include information such as requirededucation level, area of study, certification or technical skills required, minimum years of experiencerequired, type of experience the job requires, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Computer Science, Business or related field of study
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role required
- Strong technical background
- Experience in web development
- 2-3 years of web development experience on Demandware platform
- Retail system or business experience
- Competencies such as analysis and judgment
- Experienced in documenting business, process and data flows
- Understanding of systems development life cycle including issue, risk and scope management
- Understanding of test strategies, test plans, and test execution
- Experienceworking with 3rd party and offshore development or support partners a plus
- Key competencies such as practicing continuous learning by researching and applying best practices, providing honest and constructive feedback, encouraging open expression of ideas and opinions, actively listening to others etc.
- Detail-oriented person with strong problem solving abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented, strong organizational skills