The Demand Planning Manager is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, and product lines incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, and business management.
The Demand Planning Manager is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. Basic forecast modeling is the responsibility of this position. This position leads the dialogue each month for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Business Management, Sales, and Marketing.
Basic Functions Include:
- Developing demand forecasts at multiple levels
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, and develop statistical models
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances
- Interact with sales, marketing, and business management to understand demand forecast drivers
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Business Management to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software (Demantra) as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning
- Job Functions:
- Create statistical forecasts:?
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Execute statistical modeling software
- Review resulting statistical forecast model
- Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting
- Summarize/aggregate statistical forecasts
- Review sales plans , customer financeBudget Updates or Latest Estimates and demand drivers:
- Present, solicit, and assess feedback on the various forecasts from sales, and finance
- Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
- Review promotional plans with sales