If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Fueling Systems, the premier designer and manufacturer of the world's most complete line of petroleum equipment including Submersible Pumping Systems, Piping and Containment Systems, Service Station Hardware, Dispensing Systems, Fuel Management Systems, and Transport Systems. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
Responsible for preparing for and analyzing customer demand and ensuring it correlates to inventory and production KPIs. The position will work in the areas of material planning and inventory management and be responsible for the strategic creation and execution of future fulfillment plans. Work proactively with functional teams such as sales, marketing and operations to ensure product availability while balancing working capital objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Sales, Inventory and Operations planning (SIOP) effort for FFS.
- Drive continuous improvement to improve KPI metrics including; On-time shipments, inventory levels, Working Capital
- Coordinate new product introductions and end of life planning, balancing inventory and demand requirements
- Implement and maintain demand/demand sensing tools to:
- Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness of product hierarchy
- Monitor trends in forecast error
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process
- Present, solicit, and assess feedback on various forecasts from sales and finance
- Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
- Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales, marketing and finance personnel:
- Prepare relevant material to facilitate research and discussion
- Provide input to volume planning (Latest Estimates / annual process)
- Achieve consensus with the business side and the demand chain
- Manage and integrate the master scheduling process into the company's supply chain.
- Create data driven forecasts:
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Execute statistical modeling software
- Review resulting statistical forecast model
- Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting
- Summarize/aggregate statistical forecasts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Equivalent to four years high school (required)
- Bachelor's degree in business, management or related degree (required)
- Five to seven year's relevant education or experience in planning, purchasing, logistics or related field (required)
- Possess a deep understanding of the requirements of manufacturing, logistics, supply chain management, finance and customer service.
- Strong knowledge of material planning and inventory management.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with business information.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers (using currency and other forms of measurement).
- Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature
- Ability to frequently make decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience using demand/analytic tools such as Halo, StockIQ, INTUENDI, Minitab or other similar product.
- Intermediate to advanced: Microsoft office, Word, Excel, Outlook
- E1 experiencepreferred
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
- Continually required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.