We are currently looking for a dynamic individual as a Demand Manager for our Performance Products Division at our Corporate Headquarters located in The Woodlands, Texas.
What will be expected from you?
- Takes ownership of forecasted regional demand and realization of that plan and manages the allocation of products for un-forecasted sales to optimize profitability.
- Lead a team of Demand Planners which demonstrates a bias for action and nimble, impactful decision making.
- Makes decisions to mitigate gaps between forecasted and actual demand. Communicates early any potential shortfall of actual versus forecast with Sales and coordinates corrective actions. Reports issues in delivering forecast weekly to Regional Commercial leaders to enable quick corrective action.
- Ensures Demand Control team conducts clear, effective analysis of sales vs. forecast and communication of decisions and actions needed.
- Work with Sales Management to prioritize demand when it is greater than planned. Identify and implements actions which address monthly demand forecast imbalances and optimize the performance of the business.
- Implement demand planning tools and processes which realize business plans.
- Develop regional demand plan for senior management review and approval.
- Facilitate demand-related meetings such as monthly “Demand Review Meeting” and weekly “Demand Alignment Review (DAR)” and “Inventory “Integrated Planning Control (IPC) meetings for those product families in the selected area of responsibility.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Math/Statistics, or Business with 5 to 8+ years specific experience.
- Certifications or course work with Oliver Wight Associates (e.g. Demand Management or Integrated Business Planning) or APICS (e.g. Certificate in Production & Inventory Management or Principles of Managing Operations) a plus.
- Prior experience in manufacturing required, chemical industry preferred but not required.
- Prior experience with SAP, namely in demand related or supply chain related roles involving forecasting, demand control, APO, master data, costing, MRP, etc. a plus
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs.
- Strong familiarity with planning and transactional systems. Proven understanding of Integrated Business Planning, Supply Chain, Planning and sales cycles.
- Understand volumes at various levels of aggregation. Knowledge of the supply chain and the impact of demand planning on supply chain performance. Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Futurcast, and SAP.
- Strong customer orientation.