The Demand Manager is responsible for developing and leading the demand management process from beginning to end and establishing the consensus forecast with the Commercial team through the monthly S&OP process, while also improving forecast accuracy and reducing forecast bias. The Demand Manager will have responsibility for facilitating the S&OP demand management process including managing assumptions, identifying risks and opportunities, performing gap/bridge customer analysis, and leading monthly demand reviews. A key role of this job is to drive forecast improvements by working with the commercial team and collaborating with key customers to identify customer forecast improvements.
Works closely with Sales, Marketing, Product Development, and Supply Chain as well as external customers to implement & execute strategic demand planning strategies.
- Measure, analyze, and improve forecast accuracy at different levels of aggregation
- Leads the S&OP demand reviews and facilitates demand planning sessions with the commercial teams
- Identify and lead customer forecast improvement initiatives
- Design and generate weekly and monthly forecast reports and tools
- Develop customer collaboration to drive forecast improvement and efficiencies
- Loads, maintains, & updates forecasts in the Advanced Planning & ERP systems and acts as a “super-user” for the business; training and supporting the Commercial team in managing forecasts, as required
- Supports in the annual budgeting process
- Used as a resource in ad-hocreporting of sales/forecast data
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Mathematics (Stats) or Finance/Accounting
- 5 or more years of overall Supply Chain related experience; minimum of 3 years demand management experience
- Demonstrated forecast accuracy and bias improvements
- Experience in process development and optimization
- Advanced planning tools and systems experience (e.g. Logility, JDE)
- Proficient at using Excel spreadsheets and database applications for data analysis
- Thorough knowledge of Sales & Operations Planning / IBP
- BF or APICS certification preferred
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; possess the ability to work at all levels of the company
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be willing to travel when required.