The Suddath Companies is a multifaceted group of companies that specialize in worldwide corporate employee relocations, household moving, warehouse and logistics management and specialized transportation services.
The Demand Generation Manager is responsible for driving leads, brand awareness and consideration from targeted customers, with a goal of driving product line growth within the Moving and Logistics division. The role leverages deep customer insights to drive and execute demand generation programs across the Suddath brand portfolio, including the development, planning and measurement of integrated campaigns, search engine marketing and advertising/promotion.
The role will serve as a key member of the Suddath marketing team, reporting to the director of marketing. It requires a thorough understanding of campaign planning and strong project management skills. The candidate must also be able to manage tight deadlines, collaborate well with others and provide a high level of service to internal stakeholders, aligned with their requirements and business objectives.
Integrated Marketing, Campaign Planning and Program Management (40%)
- Assist marketing director in the development of the yearly marketing and campaign plan
- Assist marketing director in designing, planning, executing, and measuring each individual campaign, including setting target audiences, objectives, schedule, budget, marketing mix and channels, as well as tracking and measuring results
- Assist marketing director with project management of key campaigns and demand generation pilot programs
- Engage and orchestrate via product lines stakeholders, sales leaders, marketing director, content manager, creative, digital and marketing operations to develop an integrated engagement strategy designed to achieve program goals
- Optimize the marketing mix balancing integrated inbound and outbound tactics
- Provide stakeholders with ongoing visibility to campaign results, including engagement, ROI and leads-to-cash visibility
- Work with the marketing operations team in the collection and management of customer information for use in targeted campaigns
Lead Generation and Brand Activation (30%)
- Collaborate closely with the internal digital team on the execution of digital lead generation, including SEM, Google My Business, PPC/LSA, remarketing & retargeting, social media and other forms of promotion
- Collaborate closely with internal creative and content resources on the execution of digital and print advertising for use in industry publications, event sponsorships, outdoor, and other forms of paid media
- Lead execution of local-market influencer campaigns, supporting marketing and business development efforts
- Support any customer affinity programs as applicable
- Manage ongoing execution plan across all stakeholders using project management tools and recurring planning meetings.
- Evolve current templates and processes as we continue improving our demand engine
Strategic Insights and Marketing Support (30%)
- Partner with product line stakeholders and marketing director to understand target audience needs, buyer behavior and how Suddath supports customer needs
- Assist in the development of personas, value propositions and customer journeys
- Use customer data and analytics to help prioritize targeted prospects and collaborate with marketing team to develop a cohesive creation, execution and testing/optimization strategy to increase engagement
- Identify and create a testing approach for demand generation program pilots
- Optimize programs and future requirements by digging into the execution and lead flow measurement data and providing insight into what is and is not working
- Research best practices to incorporate into demand generation activities
- Stay abreast of key market trends and provide competitive intelligence support
- Help develop executive updates, reviews and presentations
- Support brand development work on behalf of the business unit
- Provide ongoing leadership to the overall marketing team
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- Three to four years marketing and/or business development experience
- Experience with HubSpot and/or other marketing automation platforms
- Ease with conducting data analysis through business intelligence tools
- Excellent project management skills, including an ability to effectively multitask, prioritize, handle detailed information and meet deadlines
- Strong collaboration skills in a cross-functional environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Presence on social platforms (e.g., LinkedIn and Twitter) are a plus
- Experience in transportation, logistics, moving or customer services a plus
- Experience working in a matrix system a plus
- No supervisory requirements
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Cubicle working environment
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Stand - Under 1/3 Time
- Walk - Under 1/3 Time
- Sit – Over 2/3 Time
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel - Over 2/3 Time
- Reach with hands and arms – 1/3 to 2/3 Time
- Climb or balance – None
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl – Under 1/3 Time
- Talk or hear – over 1/3 to 2/3 time
- Taste or smell – None
- Other - None
Physical Activity Level:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
Special Vision Requirements:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.