Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Repair Design Engineer for our Columbus, Georgia facility.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
In support of Pratt & Whitney's commercial engines aftermarket ramp-up, this is a customer based and focused position within Global Services Engineering (GSE) based at Delta Technical Operations (DTO) in Atlanta, Georgia. The role would be part of the Columbus Engine Center (CEC) GSE Engine Life Management (ELMT) Team and would report to the GSE Manager based in Columbus, Georgia. Delta Airlines is a long-time Pratt & Whitney customer and operates fleets powered by a number of P&W legacy products. Delta Airlines is investing in revitalizing their fleet with new aircraft powered by P&W Next Generation Product Family (NGPF) powerplants. In addition, DTO has signed an agreement to participate in the NGPF Maintenance Repair & Overhaul (MRO) network. The focus of the repair engineering activities supporting DTO engine overhauls will be to identify, react, and create required repair technical data to minimize engine shop visit disassembly-assembly-test (DAT) turn-around-time (TAT) and to prevent or mitigate engine work-stops.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Be the Primary GSE liaison with DTO
- Monitor and drive Market Feedback Analysis (MFA) improvement with DTO
- Respond to Customer EagleNet & MERLIN Wires (dialog, EA, EM, MR, RT, Source Demo) meeting all cost, schedule and quality metrics consistent with Engineering Standard Work (ESW) and GSE Management Process Guidelines (MPG).
- Establish repair design and validation substantiation requirements for technical dialog or engineering authorizations relating to repairs and alterations.
- Manage repair TAT and OTD (on time delivery) and drive continuous improvement of these key metrics
- Identify, react, and create required repair technical data, as directed by GSE management, to minimize engine shop visit DAT TAT and to prevent or mitigate engine work-stops.
- Complete 3X recurring serial number specific repairs & Engine Manual Clean-ups as funding is available.
- Provide SAVE Clinic Support
- Provide ESW suggestions to continuously improve our repair development process.
- Through the ACE toolbox, drive continuous improvement activities and robust root cause investigations to ensure GSE and P&W continue to deliver world class customer and shareholder value.
This position may require 10% travel.
This position will be located at the Delta Tech Ops Center in the Atlanta, GA area.
- BS in Engineering .
- 5+ years in related gas turbine work experience in engineering, customer service, aftermarket, or operations
- US citizenship is required due to government program requirements.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering
- MS or MBA a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks;
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships;
- Strong influencing, and leadership skills;
- Airline customer interface experience a plus;
- Overhaul/repair shop experience a plus
Education: BS in Engineering .
Job ID 70340BR