Discovery Health Partners offers payment and revenue integrity solutions that help health payers improve revenue, avoid costs, and enhance the member experience. We offer a unique combination of deep healthcare expertise and analytics-powered technology solutions to help our clients improve operational efficiency, achieve financial integrity, and generate measurable results.
The Software Developer will be responsible for analyzing program requirements and developing computer applications by performing the following duties.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB FUNCTION:
- Complies with HIPAA Compliance and Security Policies and Procedures
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
- Consults with internal and external clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Writes and maintains technical specifications.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs.
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Converts designs and specifications into computer code.
- Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Consults with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use programs.
- Installs and tests programs at client site.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have abilities in the following areas:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and
- Three to five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and professional experience with language/coding such as C#, .NET, HTM, Pascal, MVC and CSS.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, multi-threaded application development and networking.
- Demonstrate advanced SQL skills.
- Willingness to follow defined development design/delivery standards.
- Must be a self-starter and very comfortable working in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Exceptional analytical & problem-solving skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Working knowledge of health insurance markets.
- Knowledge of Delphi programming.
Discovery Health Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Itasca, Illinois, United States