Myplanet is looking for an experienced Technical Delivery Manager who is comfortable with cloud-native API first approaches with technologies such as AWS, RESTful APIs, React Native, as well as headless content and commerce solutions. Ideally, you will have familiarity across enterprise retail systems and aspects including e-commerce, point-of-sale (POS), order management, fulfillment, ERP solutions, payment processing and customer support integrations. Reporting to our VP of Professional Services Operations, you'll collaborate externally with clients and internally with our multidisciplinary teams, working to achieve the successful launch of any project you are working on. As a Technical Delivery Manager, you are a strategic problem-solver who preserves data, design and engineering at the center of the work while achieving our client's goals.
Is this role a fit for you?
As a Technical Delivery Manager at Myplanet you are responsible for drawing upon the talents and perspectives of our teams bringing together data, systems thinking and curiosity in order to deliver on projects that create next-generation retail omnichannel experiences. You’ll find fulfillment in this role if you:
- Constantly seek ways to help the team get better, faster, tighter, and stronger using Agile methodologies, frameworks and best practices suited for delivery.
- Have a focus on delivering business value. At Myplanet it will be working alongside developers and designers on one of our key accounts to produce omnichannel platforms for enterprise retailers delivering delightful consumer and associate experiences alike.
- Enable successful delivery of projects. As an Agilist, you will drive any project by helping teams get better. As a Technical Delivery Manager, you will focus on enabling teams to become self-managing through coaching, facilitation and ensuring high levels of collaboration.
- Drive projects from initiation to completion by enabling teams to get better, managing client expectations, and providing a layer of communication between teams and stakeholders
- Enable teams to grow into high-performance, self-managing teams by being a coach, an excellent facilitator and collaborator
- Model Agile/Scrum values and principles
- Manage project delivery with specific responsibility for managing expectations both internally and externally, scheduling project meetings, managing client stakeholders at all levels, helping to control project scope, ensuring timely deliverables, and managing project risks and issues
- Establish a strong and trusted relationship with customers and meet with them in order to define, articulate and align on business and technical requirements that leverage their existing technology platforms as well as our partner’s technologies.
- Accountable for on-time and on-budget project delivery
- Facilitate communication across disciplines on any given project to create alignment and efficiencies
- Manage delivery team activities at the account and project level
- Create internal and external project reporting so that timely decisions and actions can be undertaken by understanding crucial project data
- Contribute to the creation of processes and procedures to standardize delivery efforts as the company grows
- Help to drive continual improvement to Myplanet delivery processes
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent agile experience in Program/Project Management or related field
- 5+ years of program management, product management, project management or relevant experience within a client service organization as an agile practitioner
- 5+ years of leading a team in the successful delivery of design and development projects in an Agile environment
- Experience in B2C e-commerce and retail business operations and technology
- Retail, POS and order management industry experience background, working experience in a brand organization as store associate or product merchandiser a strong advantage
- Good understanding of enterprise processes in the Retail Industry
- Agile or Scrum training (e.g. Professional Scrum Master Certification) preferred
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, developing and maintaining open,
- Honest and trusting relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A high level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Proven project management skills with the ability to multitask
- Solid understanding of product design and software or digital development
Performance and Growth Expectations
Our environment is not your average, hierarchical software studio: we emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities. Your work will be measured using our 360-degree system (a combination of peer and supervisor feedback) and will also be measured on the basis of client and user satisfaction. Your growth path is in your hands— you will have ongoing meetings with your mentor/manager to help determine your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.