- Channels Technology Solutions (CTS) is driven by the vision to create an integrated, seamless, effortless and legendary customer and client experience for TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, TD Canada Trust, TD Insurance, and TD Wealth Management across all channels (Mobile, Online, Phone, Branch, Store, and ATM).
- The Channels team is passionate about delivering a best in class experience for TD customers and is responsible for delivering and supporting core client facing applications such as Online Sales, Easy Web, Web Broker, and the Mobile App. CTS Insurance is responsible for all the Insurance Digital platforms and caters to General Insurance (auto & home, ATV, snowmobile, RV, etc.) and Life & Health Insurance (travel and life products). We are currently revitalizing the entire General Insurance product suite by building a best in class digital and OMNI experience, positioning TD for strong profitable growth.
- Manage and implement day to day insurance project activities of medium/high complexity or units/phases of a larger complex project. Coordinate systems development, define project requirements including information and data needs, business analysis and programming. Develop, plan, analyze, evaluate and assign priorities to deliverables and requirements.
- Define project phases, set deadlines and develop project plans with milestones. Coordinate all meeting and interface with business units, project resources and service providers. The successful candidate will be responsible for the oversight and execution of multiple projects. Accountable for managing broad and highly complex teams and projects involving significant scope and complexity.
- Key accountabilities are:
- Sets direction at an operational level, works autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborates with other business heads to establish and execute on common goals.
- Direct or manages large-scale applications/projects across multiple product lines, involving significant scope and complexity. Ensures delivery of projects to the business partner, meeting the approved scope/cost/schedule/quality for the project.
- Perform a governing role for, ensuring that the proposal, execution, control, deployment, training and hand off, warranty support, and closure meet promised schedules.
- Performs risk identification and mitigation activities, escalating unresolved issues to the Executive and / or Steering Committee where appropriate to secure their timely decisions/support.
- Manages the acquisition and deployment of resources, including budget, by working with the resource managers to secure the resources required for the project.
- Ensures client satisfaction with the project process and project team by effective and timely communication including status reporting, continual risk/issue assessment/management and escalation, and resolution of issues as they arise.
- The successful candidate will be required to work with and influence senior level leaders and partner with other IT Managers.
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing large and complex IT projects.
- Ability to manage numerous competing demands
- Full life cycle development experience.
- Experience with Iterative and agile methodologies.
- Experience with proven project methodology tools.
- Outstanding communication skills, analytical aptitude, client focus, problem solving skills and technical initiative
- Knowledge of insurance technologies, systems, applications/services, databases, system integration skills, SDLC, etc.
- Financial services, insurance, retailbanking and/or credit card experience
- Familiar with the insurance and OMNI Channel concepts
- PMI, agile or ITIL certifications.
- Expertise in MS Project, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.