Insight’s diverse, full-time team of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster. Our Digital Innovation team is seeking an experienced, passionate, and professional Delivery Manager to lead our teams delivering complex solutions that help our clients be the disrupters, not the disrupted.
On our team, you’ll work with smart, driven teammates and client stakeholders on high impact projects leveraging cutting-edge technology to solve meaningful business problems. At Insight, diversity and inclusion is critical to our success in designing, building, and implementing next-generation solutions. Our teammates bring unique life experiences, viewpoints and backgrounds that makes our team stronger. As a full-time, permanent team member with a competitive benefits plan, you’ll be inspired to grow in a supportive environment where you can be creative and stay on the forefront of technology.
What You’ll Do:
The Delivery Manager (“DM”) is responsible for:
- Managing the portfolio of projects from proposal and estimation through project delivery, closeout and retrospective inclusive of project financials
- Defining and standardizing, when it comes to estimation, proposals, project delivery and project management
- Handling difficult client conversations about changes in scope and/or risks & issues that may impact delivery
- The Delivery Manager will help to optimize the involvement of the Account Managers with delivery activities and will assist them as needed with client relationship management.
Essential Functions of our Delivery Managers
- Ensuring the quality of project delivery estimates, typically delivered via proposals and Statements of Work
- Engage in an executive-level capacity on client calls; be deemed a peer to the client exec; influence the client's decision
- Be intimate with project execution for several key clients
- Remain current across all practice delivery areas (40K foot view)
- Ensure deliverables align with SOWs
- Drive consistency and excellence for projects within the district
- Drive consistency in proposal delivery, particularly for project estimates and content for the project delivery approach
- Resolve delivery and personnel issues with client engagements
- Handle difficult client conversations about changes in scope, budget, risks & issues that may impact delivery
- Assist in team selection for proposal, estimate and project delivery
- Ownership of project inception, including the handoff of the project from the proposal team to the delivery team and the efficient startup/kickoff of the project with the client
- Maintain standards and best practices in project delivery, in concert with and in constant collaboration Delivery Excellence team and with other Delivery Managers
- Maintain visibility and general oversight of all delivery issues for a district
- Manage delivery-focused client relationship management for an individual district
- Manage the on boarding process for consultants for client engagements
- Keep track of all client projects for district and report status back to company management
- Attend weekly Operations Meetings; participate in resource planning discussions and new project staffing decisions.
- Assist project managers in managing projects and preparing project documentation
- Assist and mentor project managers in performing all project management disciplines and best practices
- Assist in any Corrective Action Plans that arise related to delivery
Candidate Experience Profile
- 10+ years’ experience delivering enterprise scale programs and projects
- 5+ years’ experience in professional services organizations
- Deep, demonstrable agile experience
- Demonstrable experience owning P&L for programs and projects
- Demonstrable experience delivering contemporary Digital Innovation solutions in one or more of the following domains:
- Modern applications (web, mobile, IoT, etc.)
- Data & AI (modern data warehouse, advanced analytics (AI/ML), reporting, etc.)
- Cloud & DevOps (Azure, GCP, AWS, Terraform, etc.)
- Transformation Services (Agile, OCM, Project/Program Management).