As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
With industry expertise that touches more than 70% of the world’s business processes, SAP is uniquely positioned to lead our customers in their digital transformation journey. Digital business is built on new computing infrastructure– S/4 HANA as the core, plus the pillars of mobile, cloud, Big Data and analytics – accelerated by SAP Leonardo, the Internet of Things (IoT), advances in Machine Learning, and innovations like Blockchain. DBS Delivery leaders must know Fast Growth and Next Gen technology, be able to articulate E2E benefits to our SAP customers, have full command of SAP’s new Delivery methodologies and business approach, and continually lead with a diversity and inclusion mindset as SAP attracts and develops digital talent for the future.
The Digital Business Services (DBS) - NA Delivery Executive is a customer facing Services teams leader responsible for managing large-scale programs approximately equaling $15-$25 million dollars. The Delivery Executive will be focused on providing leadership and guidance for our customer’s transformation strategy by managing and executing complex implementations (cloud, on-premise or hybrid) implementation initiatives with a complete focus on customer success. Most projects will utilize Agile and rapid prototyping methodologies. This role requires a combination of deep subject matter and industry expertise in project and program management. The ideal candidate will have had recent customer-facing experience, as well as exposure to compliance, strategy development, and supporting the license and consulting sales and bid management processes.
The Delivery Executive is a Strategic role responsible for ensuring that SAP Services is regarded as “the” partner of choice for our customers by leading/helping them through all phases of their journey towards SAP’s digital platform and transformation strategy. They have the qualifications and business acumen to manage large scale, high risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors. They have demonstrated ability to manage complex projects or programs that require coordination of work between various parties such as: third party sub-contractors, SAP Custom Development, SAP Global Delivery, SAP Active Global Support.
The primary metrics of success are project revenue, project profitability, customer satisfaction. S/he is responsible for customer’s satisfaction by developing, coaching, and managing Services teams. Additional metrics related to Innovation are those related to driving customer adoption of innovation solution including S4/HANA adoption Cloud adoption and renewals the digitization initiatives of our customer. This role will report directly to the DBS NA Head of (name of organization).
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Work with Customer Stakeholders, Partners and Senior SAP Management to effectively manage and lead large, complex and mostly global programs to ensure successful completion and significant impact on customer business KPI.
- Developing and managing contracts that clearly articulate engagement scope, obligations, and commercial constructs. It also includes analyzing and executing on strategic projects, building consensus among stakeholders, ensuring alignment of project tactics with corporate strategy and communicating project goals at a strategic level as well as actively identifying and developing business opportunities.
- During implementations, manage overall services relationship, including sponsor, steering committee and program office, between customer, partner and SAP to ensure that projects / programs are delivered on-time, within budget and with the highest levels of customer satisfaction through billable consulting.
- Manage expectations on the development of solid program plans, with milestones and clear deliverables (in IT and business terms), and furthermore, proper program governance is in place to enable quick execution on the plans, handling risks, issues and objections.
- Big 4 consulting experience is a plus
- Acts as the primary leader providing support, feedback and execution in helping SAP Services achieve its goals.
- Plays an executive sponsor role at customer pursuits.
- Execute on the NA DBS strategy to drive growth, best practices and margin increase.
- Experience with commercial aspects of Go to Market - Build credibility / trust as a retail leader with customers Assists the SAP license sales and services teams in closing license and software implementation planning & estimating, and coordinating multiple SAP LOBs and partners as required.
- Operational rigor and delivery excellence
- Achieve assigned operational metrics (eg. Revenue forecast accuracy, Utilization, Max Attention days consumed, etc.)
- Operational alignment with license, specifically related to deal pursuit and deal rate
- This role is fully accountable for the health of the program which includes customer satisfaction, revenue and related profit streams, Support Maintenance Safeguarding, Enterprise Support retention/Preferred Care renewal rates and adoption of “Run Simple” engagement models.
- Ensure there is proactive management of all contract terms, including changes in work scope, timeline, and obligations and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to formalize and administer contract changes.
- Provide insight to internal and external stakeholders regarding early stage program risks and how to avoid unwanted schedule, financial, and scope deviations.
Transformational Leadership & Development
- The Delivery Executive will facilitate a dynamic environment for team growth.
- This leader will also focus on recruiting, acquiring and developing talented employees, and coaching and challenging employees to deliver results associated with business objectives.
- Strong Executive presence and ability to manage Board (CxO) level relationships.
- Show passion on the job: act as a role model for the team, show authentic behaviour, pride and enthusiasm in the own job, demonstrate best practices and encourage team members to share own experiences, celebrate success, promote SAP as a great place to work
Customer Satisfaction - This person will ensure the highest possible satisfaction with customers, playing an active and visible role in all major client transformations, acting as trusted advisor to our clients.
- An established record in developing and managing executive customer relationships
- Ensures management of project implementations with optimal resourcing strategies
- Executes on the NA DBS strategy to drive growth, best practices and margin increase
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate would be a proven senior executive with 15+ years of leadership and business management with at least 7-10 years of leading diverse and matrixed teams.
- Strong knowledge of the SAP offerings
- Strategy, operations and technology consulting background with proven success in large-scale change programs and ability to position and execute complex programs
- Strong leader at both the strategic and tactical level
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 100%
Business travel requirements: Regional travel across all of North America – and some potential Global travel.
- Required undergraduate university degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or equivalent training and job experience.
- Master’s degree, preferably in finance, or MBA an asset
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
- Current PMP certification and /or other industry and project management certifications highly desired
- Project Leadership Excellence (PLEX) or similar interpersonal skills course
- SAP Solution Manager 7.2 certification for Project Managers (web assessment)
- MS Project Orange Belt Certification
- Agile or SCRUM certification highly preferred