This role will be accountable for developing and delivering the onboarding, training, and quality assurance programs for the business systems analyst teams across Operations Fulfillment. Partners closely with leaders to understand training and quality needs, creating consistency in BSA approach and accountabilities, delivering solutions that drive development excellence and demonstrates delivery effectiveness.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, or consultations with managers or instructors.
- Design and create training manuals, online learning modules, course materials and job aids following industry standards for business analysis by developing client-centric engagement practices and solutions.
- Review user guides, system documentation and systems to extract instructional material.
- Ownership of the creation of standardized templates used by BSAs throughout the software development life cycle- requirements gathering, testing, implementation, and support.
- Utilize established and effective presentation and facilitation skills including creative training and accelerated learning techniques via a variety of training delivery methods including virtual and on-the-job training.
- Using key performance indicators and project results, assess team and individual performance and determine whether additional training is needed. Determine whether new hires are prepared to move to the next step in the transition process.
- Assists with onboarding and training of contractors.
- Assess and develop cross-training opportunities where there is risk of siloed knowledge. Develop career pathing opportunities for BSAs.
- Track, report and maintain training outcomes.
- Experienced facilitator with varying levels of audience.
Coaching and Quality
- Creates and owns a quality assurance program to monitor, track, and evaluate the end to end business systems analyst discipline for accuracy and adherence to standards and project framework.
- Understands manual checks and processes that occur across technologies. Consults on how to mitigate risk and implement key controls. Evaluates and recommends when an automated solution is needed.
- Accountable for monitoring system exception reports and taking action to ensure the integrity and quality of our technology. Makes recommendations on when system changes are needed.
- Tracks performance trends and opportunities for improvement. Creates recommendations and action plans for Management. Evaluate broader trends of the team / business and IT partners and share actionable insights.
- Good understanding of key processes in the business and the business rules that impact the development and/or implementation of business system changes.
- Right size methodologies and best practices to fit the size of the change/effort for business system changes.
- Provide real time coaching to BSAs, including participating in key project activities and monitoring individual results.
- Demonstrates the effectiveness of the training and quality programs by developing metrics and scorecards to be communicated to key stakeholders.
- Create and maintains the BSA tools and templates library for the enterprise
- Research industry best practices and participates in industry groups to keep Thrivent at the leading edge of new tools and techniques to improve effectiveness
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6 or more years of experience as a business systems analyst and a variety of project management delivery methodologies
- Technical expertise and advanced understanding across many functional areas
- Advanced levels of analysis and independence
- Advanced working knowledge of systems design process and methodology as well as knowledge / use of systems tools including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, and other applications / software as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Influencing and negotiation skills to obtain buy-in on new ideas and concepts.
- Group facilitation and presentation skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.