PIMCO is seeking to hire a Defined Contribution/Retirement Product Strategist to hone PIMCO’s Strategic positioning in the Defined Contribution space and catalyze business growth.
This individual will report to the Head of Investment Solutions but will also need to closely partner with a number of other senior individuals to ensure consistency of product design, strategy, and messaging to maximize effectiveness internally and externally. Most crucially:
Head of Retirement to align product design with market demand, coordinate marketing and sales plan and maximize effectiveness of thought leadership. Strong partnership with institutional DC and Retirement Sales Team is critical to this effort’s success.
Senior Asset Allocation Strategist to ensure consistency with existing asset allocation frameworks and QDIA requirements and push the envelope where needed and to leverage existing relationships with Portfolio Management team.
Current Target Date Strategy team to ensure smooth transition beyond the accumulation glidepath
Location: Newport Beach preferred, but open to New York
- Assess PIMCO’s suite of products and portfolio management, analytics and solutions capabilities with an eye toward refining product messaging and placement, adapting for the DC market and extending our capabilities further
- Develop and promote thought leadership that raises PIMCO’s presence and reputation in the DC marketplace. Leverage marketing and distributionchannels to maximize reach and impact
- Partner with product strategy group, analytics, defined contribution, client facing and portfolio management colleagues in the assessment of market demand and the development and marketing of winning decumulation products applicable to the DC and IRA rollover markets. This will likely entail crossover into our target date suite in the refinement of existing TDF funds and development of additional in-retirement sleeves that meet existing and arising needs for retirees.
- Ensure philosophical consistency across retirement-focused accumulation and decumulation product offerings (e.g. TDFs, retirement income, etc.)
- External engagement including client & consultant meetings, speaking engagements, and new business activities related to retirement income (and potentially other DC related strategies)
- Develop storyboard/messaging/solutions frameworks to supportsales of new and existing products in a retirement income context
- Lead solutions engagements for DC with key clients and prospects
- Ideal candidate would have 8-15years DC experience in researching, developing, and marketing retirement strategies and products
- Target Date Fund experience in a Portfolio Manager or Product Manager/Strategist role (e.g. asset allocation) a strong plus
- A strong knowledge of the regulatory structures and market conventions governing DC products and their distribution and the existing and forward-looking competitive landscape
- A passion for retirement planning and knowledge of the academic and industry literature
- Highly entrepreneurial self-starter with ability to work collaboratively, build consensus across functional groups and take projects to completion
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to convincingly and simply communicate complex concepts and ideas
- Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree and/or relevant professional designations are pluses.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.