Defined Contribution Content Marketing Specialist
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
Defined Contribution Content Marketing Specialist-820554 At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team. What is the Retirement Marketing group responsible for?
FranklinTempletonInvestments strives to be recognized as an industry leader in creating better retirement outcomes for our clients around the globe. This is done by understanding the needs of our clients, influencing innovation in retirement plandesign and delivering superior product capabilities. The Retirement Marketing team is focused on three primary goals:
- Deliver truly differentiated thought leadership in the retirement marketplace
- Drive business growth via enhanced client segmentation and targeting strategies
- Position our products and services for success in the marketplace
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Defined Contribution Content Marketing Specialist?
- Partner effectively with key sales, marketing and product teams to create and maintain marketing content and materials to support DCIO product sales efforts.
- Create compelling stories for use with different segments - from sophisticated, institutional clients to financial advisors and even plan participants.
- Work with the Retirement Marketing team and internal partners to identify DC industry marketing opportunities based on industry trends, current market environment and competitive advantages.
- Leverage and coordinate company-wide resources, including marketing, sales, relationship management, client portfolio management, operations and technology to effectively support and promote assigned products and concepts.
- Actively seek to drive business results by identifying opportunities to enhance/strengthen our marketing materials and messaging or develop content where it doesn’t exist.
- Respond to custom requests for content for presentations or other types of communication by leveraging expertise on the DC marketplace.
- Become a “go to” person for key DCIO marketing questions by developing proficiency in the intricacies of the retirement landscape and the company’s marketing and communications efforts in it.
- Maintain strong working relationships with business partners throughout the company - sales, product marketing, product management, corporate communications and legal, among others.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Minimum 5–7 years’ experience in investment product marketing/communication role working with investment professionals and product teams, preferably in the Defined Contribution space
- Knowledge of investment management industry, with an emphasis on the Defined Contribution marketplace
- Knowledge of regulatory and industry rules, guidelines, and standards critical (SEC, FINRA)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major in economics, business or marketing. MBA or CFA a plus
- FINRA series 6 or 7 preferred, Series 24 or 26 a plus
- Asset management industry experience in the defined contribution space critical
- Exposure to multiple client types (e.g., Institutional, Retail) strongly desired
- Complex project leadership experience strongly desired, demonstrating ability to organize colleagues and vendors around a specific objective and carry through the execution of project in a positive and productive manner