We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established byChuckover 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Client Services Manager is responsible for overseeing day-to-day client service delivery in support of plan administration and client needs. This role includes daily oversight of all aspects of qualified and non-qualified Defined Benefit plan recordkeeping and administration that may include resolution of client issues, client presentations and sales support.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure client satisfaction and improve client promoter scores.
- Lead client meetings and effectively communicate Schwab’s value to clients.
- Work collaboratively within the organization, share best practices, and aid in the continuous improvement of Schwab services.
- Understand your plans to ensure accurate administration and proactively communicate plan administration activities. Apply specialized knowledge within all aspects of retirement plan recordkeeping.
- Coordinate business partners to execute client requests, implement regulatory changes, and manage client issues to successful resolution.
- Manage the transition of work for new clients, including set up of recordkeeping and administration systems.
- Provide training and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Support Sales efforts
What you have:
- 5 + years of Defined Benefit plan administration experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Effective organizational skills and ability to handle multiple assignments at a given time
- Ability to perform day-to-day tasks and meet deadlines with minimum oversight.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who takes initiative and demonstrates a high degree of personal integrity, resilience, honesty and respect for others
- Ability to identify risks and raise issues to management for resolution
- Ability to effectively manage plans varying level complexity
- Defined Benefit administration experience is preferred
- Detailed understanding of ERISA and Pension industry rules is strongly preferred
- ASPPA designation is strongly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 15-20 times (on average) per year to support client relationships and new business
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life