The Defending our Environment Director will lead a campaign to block all significant environmental rollbacks by building broad opposition from the public, key constituencies and members of Congress. The program director will:
• Watchdog the Congress and the White House to identify new rollbacks
• Meet with decision-makers
• Reach out to the national and local media
• Write multi-year and annual strategic plans
• Fundraise through grants and large donors
• Hire and develop staff and future leadership
The ideal candidate for Defending our Environment Director will be:
• An experienced communicator with excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Creative, effective at solving complex problems, and a strategic thinker.
• A good people-person/listener with a track record of successful access-building.
• Well-organized and able to track multiple legislative and administrative threats.
• 5 years of experience in advocacy, grassroots organizing, coalition-building and/or campaign politics.