Wolfspeed is a growing part of Cree and our Global Operations team. Wolfspeed is creating a newly organized team responsible for managing factory controls, there is an open position as lead of Defect and Metrology engineering. This role will be the head of this newly formed team.
What can Cree do for you?
Be instrumental in helping to shape the methods, tools, and mindset for data-driven defect reduction and inline product validation in the RF and Power Wafer Fab
- Provide a management opportunity, responsible for the professional development of experienced metrology and defect engineers
- Located in the thriving Research Triangle region of North Carolina, including locations that have been named best place to live in the entire U.S.
- Potential for future mobility within a strong-growth oriented company and a technology leader in Power and RF devices
- Work directly with technology directly contributing to the future of transportation, energy, and communications
- Be a part of a strong technical team that values agility, contribution, and enjoying work
What can you do for Cree?
- Support, manage, and develop a team of defectivity and metrology engineers
- Learn and maintain direct, hands-on knowledge of the process, equipment, and technology by self-guided training and in-fab experience
- Oversee efforts to provide optimized measurement, including sample rates, of inline product balancing factors including yield opportunities, capacity, research, development, high-volume manufacturing, manual operations, measurement equipment capabilities, and line process and equipment control
- Organize and drive cross-functional teams in key defect reduction efforts
- Drive general best-practices for managing defectivity and measurements throughout process, equipment, and yield engineering
- Participate in supplier relations for fab software and equipment
What you need for success:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an engineering or science curriculum
- 10+ years of semiconductor manufacturing experience
- In-depth understanding of Defectivity and Films Metrology, and Fab Inline Defectivity management
- General working knowledge of Photolithography, Etch, Deposition, Diffusion, Implant, thinning and thermal processing
- Working knowledge of both Power & RF devices
- Working knowledge of SPC, OCAPs and inline monitoring of both electrical performance and defect monitoring
- Must be a team player and have a whatever it takes approach
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 2+ years managing either Metrology or Defectivity teams in a leading-edge semiconductor fab
- 5+ years with direct manager experience, with a track record or successful hiring, and both team and individual management