Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process technology offerings serving customers in various application areas including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Since 1996, SAS has invested approximately $17 billion in its Austin, TX campus, making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history. Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a US-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. The Austin facility is one of the few semiconductor plants the company has outside South Korea. Visit www.samsung.com/us/sas.
SAS is focused on being the World's Best Foundry product supplier.Role and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- The Defect Engineering team is seeking an innovative self-starter to join the FEOL YDD team as a layer owner.
- This individual must be well rounded and not afraid to approach and tackle unknown factory related problems.
- This team consists of engineers that focus primarily on defect reduction projects and maintaining overall module health.
- An engineer new to our team must be able to quickly learn the process flow, defect investigation tools, and continuously think of ways of improving existing processes.
- Ownership over a part of the FEOL process flow including defect source investigation, trend monitoring, supporting Unit Part improvement items, and FCC (failed chip count) reduction.
- Analytical analysis reporting with recommendations to determine root cause of defects.
- Customer communication: attending & leading meetings with Unit Part Representatives.
- Initiate and execute defect reduction projects and root source finding activities.
- Work days and hours: 1st Shift.
- B.S or M.S Engineering Degree.
- 2-5 years of LSI process experience.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications and reporting skill (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, initiation, & troubleshooting skills.
- Fundamental understanding of LSI process, Fab operations & equipment.
- Fundamental understanding of analytic techniques is a plus.
- Fast learner with the ability to maintain an on-call schedule (nights/weekends) shared with coworkers.
- Experience with Python, SQL, Spotfire for data analysis is a plus.
* Please visit Samsung membership
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.