The Dedicated Support Engineer provides on-site support for Micro Focus products. The DSE will develop business relationships with the customer's technical and management staff, and support the customer by gaining first-hand knowledge of their system, configuration and business needs. Additionally, the engineer should be an evangelist for Micro Focus technology and help the customer understand how to address upcoming business requirements. The engineer will be available to respond in a timely manner (defined in the contract) to any issues that may arise with the implemented Micro Focus technologies and custom solutions, and will utilize resources within Micro Focus as needed to assist with these issues. An engineer will also listen to the needs of their customer for opportunity discovery and forward to the appropriate internal team (Sales, Services) for further development. Additional responsibilities and skill requirements are listed below.
In this position the DSE will cover several Micro Focus products and will need to be a quick study on new product functionality and features. The products you will support are eDirectory, Access Manager (NAM), Sentinel, and Identity Manager (IDM). The DSE will need a broad mix of skills and, most importantly, the ability to work well with a structured yet dynamic environment. In addition, the DSE candidate should possess the ability to work well in highly charged situations, have strong teaming skills and the ability to provide outstanding customer service.
As a DSE, you will:
- Share knowledge by writing technical documents and pro-actively sending helpful technical information to the customer (upcoming patches, technical news, etc).
- Document and communicate work performed in provided systems and documents as requested.
- Maintain version and patch levels for deployed Micro Focus solutions.
- Assist in the implementation of Micro Focus products/solutions in line with specific business and functional requirements.
- Participate in projects and project management as requested by the customer or Micro Focus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field (or equivalent experiencerequired)
- Position requires a strong sense of responsibility, self-motivation and the ability to prioritize and organize workload to complete multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Position requires flexibility and capacity to work across a variety of activities within a matrix and virtual organizational framework.
- Ability to appropriately handle tense/stressful customer situations regarding service outages and issue resolution - a core ethos of doing whatever is necessary to keep the customer happy
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Able to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to work seamlessly across organizations
Job ID 2017181