Program Manager 4 (Decommissioning) -- Nuclear Fuel Services - Erwin, TN
- Executes proposals and manages contracts by directing efforts within the NFS organization to result in the timely, efficient and accurate supply of materials and services in accordance with contract terms.
- Possesses profit and loss responsibility for individual projects or collective programs.
- Acts as the primary contact for proposal and contract activities with both internal and external customers from the start of a project through completion.
- Leads projects involving an architect/engineer, a government interface or a research contract.
- Executes projects of a more complex scope than Program Manager III, Program Manager II or Program Manager I with selected responsibility for Program Management training.
- Possesses profit and loss responsibility for individual project, multiple projects or collective programs with a combined annual average contract value of $70m or greater.
- Interprets complex customer or architect engineering specifications and provides related guidance to other Program Managers; writes complex solicited and unsolicited proposals.
- Understands and prepares interpretations of cost and schedule variance reports, price approval requests and estimating methods to develop cost control strategies on all projects which when combined with a required understanding of market segments, competitive products, market level pricing and cost of money gives the ability to develop project cost control strategies for successful financial returns.
- Interprets project needs to develop complex Gantt Charts and CPM schedules to integrate multiple cost-center activities.
- Prepares purchase authorizations following customer specifications and NFS standards and procedures.
- Participates in vendor negotiations and the settlement of vendor disputes.
- Has legal cognizance to independently integrate customer specifications into the proposal/contract and generates contract language.
- Negotiates commercial contracts with purchaser and gives related guidance to other Program Managers.
- Manages projects using financial accounting information to control revenue, receivables and cost; interprets and negotiates financial issues and project changes.
- Under the guidance of Program Management Policies, develops project governance by creating project specific procedures or referencing current NFS procedures.
- Analyzes, condenses and writes technical and commercial language presentations for customers and diverse audiences.
- Develops alternative technical and commercial strategies to solve complex project problems.
- Leads and assists in the training of lower level Program Managers.
B.S. -- Engineering, Technical or Business discipline OR B. S. degree in a non-technical area with sixteen (18) years of program management, manufacturing or engineering experience.
Minimum of 14 years educational requirements with B. S. in Engineering, Technical or Business discipline. Minimum of 18 years' experience in at least two of the following areas with a degree in a non-technical area: Field services; product design; chemical or mechanical engineering; project controls; finance & accounting or manufacturing management. Possesses excellent interpersonal and negotiating, oral and written communication, and time management skills, and personal computer skills.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citiz