The Decision Support Technical Analyst 3 develops and leads integrated solutions for related technical and business issues. Effectively applies both business knowledge and technical expertise to design, develop, and implement BI solutions, databases, data warehouses, data marts, interfaces, custom programming, complex reports, analysis, and web-related applications. Provides technical expertise in the architecture and development of integrated data and business process improvement solutions for System-Wide functional areas (eg: Finance, HR, etc) through the use of technology in support of the Sutter Health System.
Produces data sets, critical and highly complex reports and analytics across a variety of subject matters, including, but not limited to: Finance, Human Resources, Clinical and other data driven projects. Uses data from a variety of enterprise data systems, performs data standardization, data transformations, reconciliations, and analysis.
Provides technical direction and training to other team members and colleagues as needed. Establishes and maintains strong, collaborative relationships with customers to identify additional ways to be of service and ensure customer satisfaction. Helps foster an environment in which continuous improvement in business processes and services is welcomed and recognized.
BA/BS degree in MIS, Computer Science or Accounting required, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. MA/MS degree in MIS, Computer Science Accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
• In-depth experience in architecting/solution design using technology experience in data management, programming, analytics and/or reporting as typically acquired in 8+ years, preferably in a Healthcare environment.
• In-depth experience in developing and implementing Business Intelligence solutions (reports, metrics, dashboards, and scorecards) as typically acquired in 6+ years.
• Advanced experience working with databases (e.g. SQL Server) and large datasets is required.
• Experience with (eg: Finance, HR, Clinical) data is required, preferably in the healthcare industry.
• Experience with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access is required.
• Demonstrated experience and/or expertise with SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports or other BI applications, and using advanced Excel features and techniques are required.
• Experience working with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files: analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, transforming raw data into finished products, e.g. trending and reports is required
• Strong problem and issue resolution experience.
• Project Management experience.
• Familiarity with various types of sources of health care information, including coding & billing, reimbursement, finance and Human Resource data files.
• Strong knowledge in the development of Business Intelligence and Reporting solutions.
• Solid understanding of Data Warehouse methodology, Dimensional modeling, in data analysis, including preparing reports, and data presentation.
• Knowledge and experience with VISIO or other flowcharting tools.
• Strong background in advanced web analytics.