Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Use strong problem-solving and analytical skills to design, develop and manage real-time end-to-end fraud risk solutions that not only solve emerging fraud trends but also provide great experience to our customers.
- Apply advanced statistical techniques, innovative algorithms, and industry tools to predict and manage fraud risk associated with PayPal products in a big data environment.
- Provide regular updates to senior leadership, peers and other stakeholders that simplifies complex analytical research and insights into easy-to-follow actionable outcomes and drives impact for our customers, our stakeholders and PayPal
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders including product managers and engineering team to deploy data driven risk mitigation solutions, new product capabilities and platform capabilities to combat fraud risk
Required Qualifications (if you do not meet the below but still think you are the right person for the job – please tell us why!)
- B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Finance, Economics, or related quantitative discipline
- 3 years experience in performing data management and analytics in the payments or in the e-commerce space.
- Must be an intuitive, organized analytical thinker, with proven ability to perform detailed analysis in real world problems.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills a must, including the ability to explain and/or present analyses and convey complex ideas succinctly to all audiences.
- Must have good business judgment with demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python
- Proficiency in building dashboards (Tableau/Python -Preferred )
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, Map-Reduce, Hive, Pig, R and/or data warehouse skills.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Finance, Economics, or related quantitative discipline
- Prior experience in Risk Management
- Knowledge of different type buyer/seller Risk such as ATO, stolen financial etc.