St. Charles Community College seeks a full-time Dean of Student Success who will be responsible for ensuring an effective and highly collaborative Student Success department that partners with faculty and staff to provide support for students in academics throughout the College. The Dean provides leadership and administrative oversight to the staff within the ACE Center and the Library. The Dean also works collaboratively across campus with several departments including the faculty, deans, department chairs, Advising, Disability Services, College 101, Financial Aid, the Office of Multicultural Student Engagement, International Student Services, Student Life, and Student Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Facilitate an early alert process that utilizes campus-wide collaboration to ensure the success of our students.
- Develop programming to ensure the success of students who are on academic probation/warning or those not meeting satisfactory academic progress.
- Manage a comprehensive and integrated program that ensures student success by collaborating with multiple on- and off campus stakeholders to enhance student success, retention, and completion.
- Work with ACE staff and faculty to assess current practices and increase the number of students utilizing tutoring services both online and in-person.
- Provide support and oversight to the Library management team.
- Assess, redesign, and coordinate an early alert system to identify students experiencing academic difficulty and offer support and assistance through collaboration with faculty and tutors as well as partnering with advisors, international student services, adult education, student services, student life, and other staff.
- Utilize data to assess student attrition and collaborate with other departments to identify strategies to improve student retention.
- Design and implement activities, programs, and academic success courses to advance success and retention of specific populations including: underrepresented students, conditionally admitted students, international students, students on academic warning and probation, and students with low midterm grades.
- Serve as a member of various committees as requested to support the student success mission.
- Build relationships with all departments to effectively support students.
- Maintain confidentiality of all departmental and institutional information in accordance with the Privacy Act as well as established policies and procedures governing the release of information.
- Demonstrate service excellence and the College's Values in working with faculty, staff, students and the community.
- Knowledge and understanding of administrative policies and procedures.
- Innovative, positive approach in seeking out new methods and principles and incorporating them into existing practices.
- Work effectively with autonomy and in a team environment.
A minimum of Master's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution; At least 5 years of administrative experience in higher education; Experience in and understanding of best practices in tutoring, academic support services, peer education, and other retention programs; proven track record of innovation within one or more of these areas; Experience providing service excellence to diverse populations; Experience supervising others; Proficiency in PC skills including, but not limited to, student information systems, Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and e-mail.
Community College experience preferred