STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The College seeks an innovative academic leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to oversee and foster the continued development of the New Bedford Campus. The Dean ensures management and administrative oversight of all programs, services, staffing, and budgeting related to campus operations, as well as builds partnerships with regional businesses and organizations to foster a college-going culture.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Vice President for Student Services and Enrollment Management.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Responsible for supervision of both unit and non-unit professional staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the advancement of College efforts at the New Bedford Campus in conjunction with other administrators.
- Collaborate with the Vice Presidents and other College personnel to determine program offerings and class schedules, as well as coordinate academic and student support services.
- Foster a student-centered educational environment responsive to diverse learner needs.
- Develop and implement an annual strategic recruitment, outreach, and retention plan that reflects high impact and evidence-based practices for the campus in collaboration with other College areas.
- Foster relationships with area schools, institutions of higher education, community-based organizations, businesses, and community leaders to develop linkages and collaborative programs.
- Exhibit commitment to the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce that reflects the New Bedford area.
- Supervise the recruitment, selection, and evaluation of staff.
- Represent the College throughout the New Bedford region.
- Collaborate with the Center for Workforce and Community Education to schedule appropriate non-credit offerings.
- Analyze relevant data to track needs and outcomes.
- Develop and manage the operating budget and fiscal expenditures related to the New Bedford Campus.
- Maintain responsiveness to a wide array of campus-related issues involving students, faculty, and building maintenance.
- Provide input into the development and implementation of the College's strategic plan related to the New Bedford Campus.
- Develop and oversee staff scheduling to insure adequate coverage during College hours of operation.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications to ensure branding, as well as market programs and events to the New Bedford area.
- Foster relationship with Office of Student Engagement and other areas to ensure that the activities of that office provide enriching experiences for students.
- Collaborate with the Bristol Foundation and Office of Grant Development to develop opportunities, write grant proposals, acquire scholarships, and promote events that support the New Bedford Campus.
- Oversee a variety of grant-funded initiatives, including the maintenance of accountability to funding agencies.
- Lead the New Bedford Campus Advisory Committee.
- Attend all college meetings, serve on committees and participate as a member of the Academic Vice President's Council.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in higher education or related field.
- A minimum of five years of college administration experience in the areas of budgeting, program development, staff supervision, and student and academic support services.
- Progressive leadership roles in higher education, meeting established goals, engaging technological, collaborative, and innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the goals and values of a community college.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience making presentations before diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and supporting educational opportunity for diverse ethnic, social, and economic populations and in an urban campus environment
- Doctorate in higher education or related field.
- Demonstrated community college administration experience.
- Supervisory experience of a diverse staff in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-campus environment.
- Ability to speak a language in addition to English.
POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, non-unit position with benefits, some nights and weekends required.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.