To advance the college’s mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Dean of Health Occupations/Simulations reports directly to the Vice President of Continuing Education & Training Services (CE&TS) and is responsible for administering a number of academic and continuing education programs and service areas. Provides leadership and management for the Continuing Education Health Occupations division and Kirkwood Healthcare Simulation Center providing a clear vision for the future that supports learner success and CE&TS strategic goals. Ensures that Health Occupations academic and continuing education programs meet the needs of the community and constituents. Leads a team responsible for developing and providing training for continuing education, simulations and health occupations courses and programs. Maintains strong partnership with academic departments at the college. Provides oversight of personnel, course offerings, new course/program development, budget planning and community relations
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Responsible for the staff of Health Occupations and the Healthcare Simulation Center.
- Provides leadership and guidance consistent with the college’s mission, vision, and values.
- Responsible for budgeting, programming, and general financial oversight of division.
- Leads a team in developing and delivering educational programs, courses, and content to constituents.
- Utilizes workforce and labor market data to ensure program and course offerings are relevant and in demand.
- Fosters relationships and cultivates partnerships and collaborative educational programs within the college and in the community.
- Ensure programs are of highest quality and in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and accreditation guidelines.
- Participates in and provides leadership for college-wide committees.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community
- Provide consistent leadership in advancing the goals and objectives of the college and the division
- Ensure content and programming is consistent with current national curriculum, national accreditation, national registration and the requirements for state certification or licensure as well as local industry standards
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare, Education, or a related discipline.
- Five years progressive experience in a leadership role in education or healthcare.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Current Professional healthcare license, certification or credential (RN, EMT, RT, or similar) or advanced healthcare degree.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- PhD preferred.
- Five years’ experience in healthcare related field.