This role will be responsible for:
- Leads team of Special Credit Analysts that are responsible for managing workout dealers and over-line process.
- Responsible to ensure workout accounts are actively managed on a daily/weekly basis with emphasis on curing workout condition(s) before a cash default occurs.
- Also responsible for active management of over-line process to ensure over-line conditions are cured within procedural requirements.
- Coordinates management with other departments to ensure efforts are aligned.
Job functions include but are not limited to:
- Actively manage team members by establishing annual performance goals, allocating necessary resources & assessing staff performance through the established evaluation process.
- Exemplify leadership with frequent coaching, guidance, training, career counseling and staff development. Interview and provide input on selection of new team members when required.
- Annually review & recommend merit increases, career development transfer and/or promotional opportunities.
- Ensure that workout accounts are actively managed on a daily/weekly basis. Conduct weekly workout review meeting with analyst & legal team.
- Provide guidance regarding actions needed to manage workout deals to prevent cash defaults from occurring. Escalate accounts that are deemed high risk to management to proactively address before a cash default occurs.
- Ensure that over-line accounts are actively managed on a monthly basis.
- Conduct weekly over-line meeting with analyst team to review dealers over-line and actions being taken to cure. Provide guidance regarding actions needed to manage over-line dealers to minimize risk to NMAC.
- Coordinate the management of workout & over-line dealers with other departments to ensure proper alignment of efforts. These include Legal, Inventory Control, Commercial Credit, Accounting & Sales teams. Conduct monthly regional conference calls with RFSM’s to review workout dealers, over-line dealers, dealers identified as high risk on the risk assessment report and any other topics of discussion relevant to risk management.
- Review written correspondence and legal notices prepared by the analyst team for content & accuracy. Ensure these are approved by legal and promptly sent to necessary parties. Monitor deadline requirements contained within the legal documents to ensure they are met. Evaluates dealership financial statements and provide guidance where necessary.
- Ensure dealers that have met workout/over-line requirements are returned to the field for regular management and are promptly notified by the analyst team. Coordinate communication efforts with other departments impacted.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good analytical skills; detail oriented good initiative and self-motivated with the ability to work without close supervision.
- Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and of dealership operations.
Ten or more years of related experience in the automotive industry, and preferably with dealership contact. Five or more years of commercial lending experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related discipline preferably accounting or finance. CPA desirable but not required.
- Working knowledge of word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, or mainframe applications to produce non-standard, creative products. Excellent Excel and Word skills.