How would you like to work for a great company that offers career growth and values your skills and experience? For over 150 years, Commerce Bank has built a strong reputation as a “Super Community” bank and is recognized as an industry leader. In today's growing and competitive financial services industry, we look for creative and innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers. To achieve our results, we recruit the best and brightest employees who ask, listen and solve to meet our customers’ needs!
The Treasury Services Sales Officer I is responsible for developing new business within prospects, as well as existing clients. The position is required to consistently meet balance, Treasury Services revenue, and profit budgets.
Responsibilities of a Treasure Services Sales Officer I include:
- Maintaining a high level of qualified in-person calling activity
- Completing responses to customer or prospect request for proposal and general sales activity, primarily for new prospective relationships
- Maintaining senior level contact (Treasurer, CFO) with top and high priority customers
- Developing territory plans, account strategies, and call plans required to consistently achieve revenue and profit goals
- Coordinating calling activity with assigned Relationship Manager
- Providing account reviews for assigned top priority customers
- Participating in independent and/or joint calling with product partners
- Assisting in general marketing activity as required for trade shows and other targeted industry events
Work Hours: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Preferred applicants will have:
- Sales skills: Advanced interpersonal, tactical and account management skills. Good strategic selling and oral presentation skills. Good written skills
- Product Knowledge: Advance banking and treasury services industry knowledge. Advance sales knowledge of treasury service/ cash management product. Strong understanding of value propositions related to treasury service applications within corporate treasury function. If underdeveloped treasury knowledge, finance/banking knowledge necessary
- Attitude skills: Consistent ability to effectively and efficiently resolve customer problems. Excellent work ethic, effective change management skills and good team player
- Organizational skills: Advanced time and task management skills. Excellent expense management skills
Education: High school diploma required
Four-year college degree in related field, or Advanced Degree preferred
***Additional education equates to work experience: 5+ years of Business Development or related experience within Treasury Services. Proven successful track record within team selling and lead sharing environments.