HP's print business is investing intently in a new product portfolio that will drive game change within the traditional copier marketplace. To support the launch of this portfolio, we are seeking to bring aboard individuals with deep channel sales backgrounds and experience within the copier sales industry to develop and accelerate HP's partnership and profile within the largest of the U.S. office equipment dealers.
The role of a the Dealer Sales Manager will be to apply a deep and broad understanding of copier business and sales dynamics to the development of a partnership with HP and a commitment to a business plan and goals. This role will provide "close", daily, 1:1 major account coverage, driving increasing familiarity with and preference for HP and a clean line of sight between partner and HP executive relationships.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Serves as the expert to the partner for complex information regarding product, services, and software transitions, promotions, and configurations.
- Educates and updates partners on new HP technologies or solutions. May be brought in by partners to sell HP brand to end customers.
- Establishes and maintains account plans to promote sales growth.
- Achieves assigned quota for HP products, services, and software.
- Transactional and relationship selling working within a team of selling professionals.
- Creates, fills-in and manages HP funnel for deals with partners and transforms potential leads into joint sales activities.
- Establishes relationship with partner at all organization levels including senior executives.
- Ensures partners are compliant with legal and Standard Business Conduct practices.
- May drive Share of Wallet growth with distributors who are managing small partners on behalf of HP.
- May recruit and develop business relationship with new partners.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Typically 5-8 years of selling experience at end-user account or partner level.
- Solid experience in selling to partners in a complex environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid understanding of the IT industry, competing vendors, and the channel. Dimensions include competitive positioning.
- Solid understanding of HP's organization & operations, including key business rules, and alignment with HP Global Business Unit go-to-market strategies, partner segmentation, key programs & initiatives, structure.
- Solid understanding of many of HP's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of HP's offerings, and overcome objections.
- Effectively sells HP offerings by building strategic relationships with partner decision makers; and promoting HP programs and offerings.
- Develops account plans with partner to grow HP's share of the business.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure coordinated efficient account management.
- Ability to motivate partner's sales force.
- Solid understanding of pipeline management discipline and ability to explain benefits to partners.
Job ID 3039911