The Dealer FinancialDistribution Officer prospects, develops, cultivates and maintains new and existing business relationships in their respective market.
The Dealer Financial Distribution Officer meets with prospective and existing dealer customers to acquire indirect business, solicit and acquire TD Bank Dealer Commercial Services product (floor plan), and expand relationships with TD Auto Finance and TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank throughout a specified region.
The job focuses on increasing efficient and profitable retail, remarketing and floorplan/commercial business, while maintaining a profitable dealer portfolio.
** TDAF Dealer Financial Distribution Officer is responsible to acquire both indirect retail and floor plan/commercial business within a designated territory. In the overall market, the bank competition has two sales forces that sell each product individually to their dealer customers.
The experience needed by TDAF and the competitive nature of the positions verses the other bank lenders can create challenges to find qualified candidates at a competitive compensation package at times.
• Manages the relationship with auto dealers in an assigned territory for all TD products (Retail, Commercial, Remarketing). Monitors dealer performance through dailyreports and recommends/takes actions as appropriate.
• Understands the differentiated services we offer and applies them to our customer base; grows relationships, improves relationships and ceases relationships to maintain profitable, efficient business.
• Meets dealers to discuss consumer and commercial lending products, creates strategies and plans and consults with dealers regarding their needs. Monitors dealer performance through daily reports and recommends/takes actions as appropriate.
• Develops new business by meeting with prospects to achieve annual sales and cross-referral goals; qualifies prospects, determines their consumer lending needs, formulates account strategies, coordinates with necessary personnel and presents solutions.
• Visits Customers on a regular basis to ensure service levels are maintained; effective meetings are planned, and assess overall
business situations. Answers Customer questions and resolves Customer problems. Creates and delivers sales presentations, including presentations to larger audiences and organizations, which summarize prospect’s consumer lending situation and how consumer lending products and services would meet their needs. Recommends additional products and services as appropriate, solves problems and ensures ongoing Customer satisfaction.
• Provides training and mentoring for new and less experienced staff.
• Participates in the development of unit operating policies and procedures by communicating new or unique situations and solutions developed. Develops and retains indirect business according to Company policies and procedures and applicable regulatory guidelines.
•4yeardegree or equivalentexperience
• 5+ years related experiencerequired
• Extensive knowledge of various dealer finance and indirect consumer lending products and services and credit decisions. Proven sales track record, including history of successfully attracting new Customers.
• Account management skills, including ability to build strong and lasting business relationships. Refined negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in teams to contribute to sound lending decisions. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Excellent PC skills.