People in our Sales career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
Sales professionals drive the sales process and outcomes on a dedicated basis, growing a profitable pipeline and/or backlog of sales, through deal origination, sales negotiations and closure.
Role is responsible for all aspects of the bid from kick-off through to contract signing. You will be responsible for developing comprehensive pursuit plans and ensure that the bid team is staffed, engaged and equipped to fulfill its respective tasks.
- Initiates and manages the bid-specific data repositor.
- Manages the pursuit budget, communications and performance against process milestones.
- Communicates and reinforces the sales strategy and client requirements to the pursuit team.
- Educates and coaches the pursuit team on the pursuit and third party intermediary (where applicable) processes.
- Develops and manages the project schedule and formulates the pursuit timeline and reviews/gates. ;
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create alternative solutions to moderately complexproblems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Uses own judgment to determine optimal solution to recommend.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor or teams leads.
- Generally interacts with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with minimal guidance.
- Decisions often impact the team in which they reside and occasionally impact other teams.
- Manages medium-small sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
Sales Execution professionals involve multiple activities like target the right clients, grow quality pipeline, win profitable deals and manage sales activities with the objective of creating mutually beneficial, trust-based relationships that create value.
Sales Pursuit and Closure professionals represent individuals who manage and close opportunities through the establishment of a win strategy, ongoing qualification, coordinating all required internal approvals, identification of required resources, management of the solution/proposition development, management of client interactions during the sales process and facilitating the negotiations and closing activities.
- Basic qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of client relationship management
- Minimum of 5 years using MS Office Suite
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Bid Development in an outsourcing environment
- Minimum of 7 years of selling/business development experience and proven track record
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization.