Deal Architect / Commercial Manager
Job Title: Deal Architect / Commercial Manager - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Santa Clara, CA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The Commercial Deal Architect will engage throughout the lifecycle of assigned opportunities.
- This will includes during sales and in-life processes and at both the strategic and operational levels.
- The candidate should be comfortable working in a cross functional manner across a number of business functions including Sales Operations, Finance, Product Management, Legal & Contract Management, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Pricing and Bid Management etc.
- Commercial lead for complex sales opportunities. Working with account manager, sales engineer and bid team to develop the opportunity commercial strategy and deal shape.
- Customer facing to assess customer commercial/contractual requirements and the commercial flexibility required to win the opportunity.
- Manage internal processes and the stakeholder groups to develop complex deal commercial construct. Lead the communication and management of the business authorizations process.
- Deal pricing and profitability responsibility - comprising of financial analysis, including cash flow modelling, profit/loss, Capex/Opex analysis, etc. (where required and in conjunction with Finance).
- Ensure all stakeholder organizations have approved offers provided to customers and any negotiated terms of contract. The CDA must develop a good working knowledge of customer needs combined with strong market and product knowledge to be able to influence and shape the development of the commercial constructs.
- Single point of contact with internal departments (e.g. Sales, Engineering, Legal, Product, Finance), including any internal business case creation/submission, required to produce finished bid/RFP responses and subsequent contractual documentation.
- Contribution to pricing tools owned by Commercial teams (inc. Excel development).
- Coordinate the planning and deployment of the contract negotiation process. Act as a communications channel between the business and the customer (where required) to aid effective contract negotiations.
- Attend contract negotiation meetings (internal and customer, where required) to facilitate effective closure of planned activities.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise-based international telecoms products e.g. data services (network and managed services); familiarity with Unified communications and collaboration(UCC) services, Managed Hosting, Cloud Computing, Video Conferencing, and Global SIP.
- Advanced Excel usage and MS office suite of products.
- Understanding of financial terms & ability to create Margin statements on complex opportunities with requiredfinancial analysis.
- An understanding of bid management tools and techniques, and how to lead virtual teams efficiently through complex bid processes.
- The ability to define, articulate and negotiate within the context of internal and/or customer business strategy. To understand complex commercial matters, such as contract law, copyright laws and compliance requirements & commercial evaluation of non-standard SLA requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal & team skills and proven leadership skills
- Candidate is expected to have 4-7 years of experience with 1-3 years of work in an equivalent Commercial Management or similar role
- Bachelor's Degree in related field e.g. Finance, Telecommunications, Business Administration)
- MBA, preferred