Job Title: Deal Architect/Commercial Manager - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Burlingame, CA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- The Deal Architect/Commercial Manager position will engage throughout the lifecycle of assigned opportunities.
- This will include involvement during sales and in-life processes and at both the strategic and operational levels.
- The Deal Architect/Commercial Manager will be comfortable working in a cross functional manner across a number of business functions including Business Operations, Finance, Product Management, Legal & Contract Management, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Pricing and Bid Management etc.
Deal Architect/Commercial Management Responsibilities:
- Commercial lead for complex sales opportunities.
- Working with account manager, sales engineer and bid team to develop the opportunity commercial strategy and deal shape.
- Customer facing to assess customer commercial/contractual requirements and the commercial flexibility required to win the sales opportunity.
- Manage internal processes and the stakeholder groups to develop complex deal commercial construct. Lead the communication and management of the business authorizations process.
- Deal pricing and profitability responsibility - comprising of financial analysis, including cash flow modelling, profit/loss, Capex/Opex analysis, etc. (where required and in conjunction with Finance).
- Ensure all stakeholder organizations have approved offers provided to customers and any negotiated terms of contract.
- The CDA must develop a good working knowledge of customer needs combined with strong market and product knowledge to be able to influence and shape the development of the commercial constructs.
- Single point of contact with internal departments (e.g. Sales, Engineering, Legal, Product, Finance), including any internal business case creation/submission, required to produce finished bid/RFP responses and subsequent contractual documentation.
- Contribution to pricing tools owned by Commercial teams (inc. Excel development).
- Coordinate the planning and deployment of the contract negotiation process.
- Act as a communications channel between the business and the customer (where required) to aid effective contract negotiations.
- Attend contract negotiation meetings (internal and customer, where required) to facilitate effective closure of planned activities.
- At least 7 years in an equivalent Commercial Management/Deal Architect or similar role.
- The ability to define, articulate and negotiate within the context of internal and/or customer business strategy.
- To understand complex commercial matters, such as restrictive trade practices, contractlaw, copyright laws and compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise-based international telecoms products (ideally both networks and managed services); familiarity with managed hosting, cloud computing, telepresence, enterprise voice.
- Must be capable of/comfortable with direct interaction with customers.
- Advanced Excel usage, excellent communication (written and oral) in English.
- An understanding of bid management tools and techniques, and how to lead virtual teams efficiently through complex bid processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal & team skills and proven leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field e.g. Finance, Telecommunications, Business Administration
- MBA, preferred