The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
You will execute service work with ABB Control Systems in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Reporting to the Ontario/Atlantic Service Manager, you will act as the technical point person between customers and extended ABB teams.
- Providing on-site or remote technical support for installation and commissioning of equipment and routine maintenance independently, identifies technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in different Service categories.
- Consulting with and advising customers on the best service solutions in accordance with standard processes, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, understanding their needs and providing specialist support and solutions.
- Coordinating and executing specialist projects through planning, meeting milestones and regular reviews.
- Identifying opportunities for the development of new service applications, equipment and methods.
- Some domestic and international travel will be required, as the role will require hands-on support at customer sites.
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- An Engineering degree or Technologist Diploma in Electrical or Process Control.
- More than 5 years of experience in process control, working as an engineer or field service representative with control systems.
- Sound knowledge of and hands-on experience in servicing, maintaining, commissioning and repairing of insert specific product and industry/sector.
- Current drivers license valid in Ontario.
- Knowledge of ABB control systems (800xA, Symphony+), related industrial applications and control philosophies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, virtualization, networking setup & troubleshooting.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international sites.
- Proven leadership skills, strong customer focus with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and excellent communication skills.