The Intermediary Sales Consultant (ISC) develops and maintains relationships within regionally assigned territories serving as the primary internal sales support resource for prospecting and relationship management engagements to segmented Retirement Plan Advisors and B2B Intermediary Sales Professionals in the defined contribution investment only (DCIO) distribution channel.
In this specialized role, the ISC maintains a highly-leveraged sales and relationship management intersection to optimally engage this broad client landscape with elevated frequency because of the ISC's internally-domiciled sales resource capabilities.
- Relationship Management: The incumbent works in conjunction with the Regional Sales Consultant to optimize client coverage within a specified region. The incumbent serves primarily in an internal capacity and maintains ownership of cultivating relationships with regionally segmented Retirement Plan Advisors, Internal Sales Desks and External Wholesalers. These intermediary client constituents are strategically targeted because of their essential point-of-sale influence to defined contribution plans. The incumbent is personally accountable to increase TRP investment flows, elevate TRP brand awareness, and foster client loyally through the consultative engagement and promotion of TRP investments and collateral sales resources by means of proactive outbound call initiatives, e-mail campaigns and other conventional forms of communication. The incumbent advocates on behalf of the firm's internal mutual fund policies, providing investment reviews to sophisticated audiences. Accountable for maintaining a high level of industry knowledge, familiarity of the client's business strategy, product and distribution structure. The function is benchmarked on internal and third party satisfaction ratings, net new flows, new wins, call-profiling completed, and other pertinent KPI's.
- Business Development: Accountable for new business development with targeted Retirement Plan Advisor prospects within region or by cross-selling to existing B2B retirement plan recordkeepers. The Role requires a high degree of investment and product knowledge, sophisticated prospecting skills and the ability to influence astute advisors and internal/external platform wholesalers. The incumbent works independently on most opportunities but also maintains ownership of collaborating in a regional partnership with their respective TPD external business partners to proactively identify sales opportunities and deepen overall territory management efficiencies. Serves as creditable external meeting proxy for highly-leverageable intermediary client engagements.
- Territory Management: The incumbent maintains ownership of prioritized clients developed in conjunction with DS Management and their respective external counterparts. Identifies key short and long-term opportunities and tracks territory sales measurements towards attainment of sales/service goals and overall growth of territory. Works with external counterpart to develop annual client service plans for assigned clients within the region and monitors progress. Assesses territory client activity to identify trends, issues and opportunities. Partners with other key TPD stakeholders in developing advisor and platform wholesaler engagement themes/campaigns. The incumbent collaborates with ISC Manager and Regional Sales Consultants to ensure consistency in delivery method and messaging. Strictly adheres to standard reporting practices to maintain and measure ongoing CRM data capture integrity.
- College degree and five years of related work experience
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 Licenses
- Advanced investment/product knowledge
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Advanced relationship management skills
- Advanced phone and sales skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills and goal oriented personality
- Advanced organizational skills
- Team player
- Willingness and ability to travel periodically
- Bachelor's degree in finance or economics
- Comprehensive knowledge of the financial services industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of the defined contribution industry
- Previous intermediary wholesaling experience