The DC Operations Manager willreport to the Regional Operations Manager. This role will beresponsible for managingsales of 9.5 million dollars and a20,000 sq. ft.distribution center with 5 warehouse employees and 4drivers. This position will also beresponsible for managing quality control,inventory control in a pick/pack operation, fleet management, freight-related functions,budgeting,recruiting, team building, and training. Will ensure that operational performance and quality and service targets are met, while operating withinbudgetguidelines. Will organize, monitor and ensure all operational and administrative activities within the facility meet Company goals and objectives.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provides a hands-on approach in the organization, scheduling of personnel, and directing of warehouse day-to-day activities to include order filling, stocking, shipping, receiving, counter sales and inventory control.
- Supervises and monitors supervisory and warehouse personnel work assignments, work flow, performance and work standards, accuracy, and productivity.
- Manages and oversees warehouse personnel responsibilities to include: recruiting, testing, new hire orientation, payroll record keeping and reporting, employee appraisals and reviews, progressive discipline issues (counseling, oral and written warnings), and employee terminations.
- Responsible for maintenance of warehouse equipment and repairs. Ensures that warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform distribution functions efficiently.
- Warehouse security, safety programs, and good operation and maintenance of warehouse power equipment (forklifts, cherry pickers, reach truck, etc.), workers’ compensationreporting and all OSHA local and state regulations.
- Adheres to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and warehouse performance goals.
- Maintains complete and open lines of communication between the warehouse and corporate office to facilitate efficient warehouse operations.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Has direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- College degree in Business, Finance or Logistics preferred
- 3-5+ years management experience within warehousing/distribution and fleet management
- Ability to interact with customers, sales and customer service
- Knowledge of LTL, UPS and other forms of transportation, with automation preferred
- Strong leadership, presentation, analytical, communication and customer service skills
- Proven Leadership and Team building skills.
- Good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift 60 pound weights or more
- Able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines within a fast-paced environment
Job ID: 110136