Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required
Work Experiences: At least eight years of warehouse management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively run day to day warehouse operations required
- Computer - Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word and RF Warehouse Management Systems required
- Communication – effective listening, speaking and writing skills
- Organization and prioritization skills
- Directs and develops operations managers and department managers in all inbound and outbound DC processing operations.
- Develops budget for DC operations, as well as DC related capital expenditures.
- Interacts regularly with operations managers and department managers to ensure that DC operational priorities are aligned with company goals.
- Responsible for staff development and succession planning with DC management.
- Develops and implements changes for improved operations by working closely with Engineering.
- Develops strategies and methods to continuously improve and refine distribution capabilities by working with all levels of management and other areas of the company.
- Responds to requests from stores, buyers and other departments in the company and develops working relationships with them.
- Responsible for assisting and adhering to budgets.
- Prepares and presents annual performance reviews for direct reports.
- Contributes to an effective safety program and security program to ensure compliance for DC associates
- Ensures that vendors meet Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism minimum security criteria.
- Maintain internal control documentation, effectively perform assigned internal controls, remediate internal control exceptions, and response to internal and external audit requests
- Responsibilities may change; team member may be required to perform other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Eight hour work shift, Monday-Friday or as needed to achieve familiarity with all DC management and provide timely feedback of objectives results.
- Daytime schedule and ability to work weekends, holidays, evenings, as needed to support DC off shift operations.
- Operate effectively in a non-climate controlled environment
- Work in mezzanines or material handling equipment up to 35 feet in height
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and safety rules governing professional staff behavior