Distribution Center Controller, Dallas
This position is a key business partner to the Distribution Center (DC) Manager and has responsibility for all accounting and finance functions for the DC and Value-Added Service department. This includes: reporting, planning and analyzing monthly operating results and drivers and handling all accounting operations. The position deploys business unit initiatives, handles the coordination of the capital appropriation process including post project reviews and ensures compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for internal controls.
- Responsible for budget and forecast development, monitoring, reporting and assisting departments in meeting budgeted and forecasted spend levels to ensure site cost efficiency.
- Responsible for all monthly and quarter end closing activities including journal entries, balance sheet and income statement variance analysis and reporting, compliance reporting and account reconciliation review.
- Proactively investigate and act on variances to budget, forecast and prior periods.
- Interface with Corporate Finance on Financial Reporting, Shared Service and Controllership matters.
- Maintain and monitor DC metrics for all Controllership and Operational Key Performance Indicators.
- Assist Operations Management in planning labor and assets for budgets, forecasts and actual operations.
- Apply lean practices as appropriate to improve all DC activities.
- Work closely with the Inventory Control Manager to monitor the DC's cycle count performance, reducing excess and obsolete inventory and identification of related root causes.
- Assist site management deliver 98% fill rates.
- Work directly with Internal and External Audit teams as required.
- Support Controllership organization as needed.
- Support site EHS and Quality initiatives.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance required; CPA or MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience as a Controller in a $500M+ Distribution Center or Manufacturing Plant
- Strong SAP experiencerequired
- HFM experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications and possess strong background with information technology
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational, analytical and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience/qualities; must be able to lead, drive and inspire a team to achieve results that exceed expectations
- Continuous improvement minded
- Results oriented and commitment to the job
- Respect for people and ability to work and communicate with all levels in the organization