The DC Assistant General Manager isresponsible for the success of all operational functions within the highly complexdistribution center environment of approximately 500,000 + square feet to ensure that it is an outstanding place to work. The DC Assistant General Manager isresponsible for the supervision of a large team of DC Operations Managers in the Inbound, Warehouse, Outbound and Office Operations. The DC AGM works with the General Manager to develop strategies and objectives to maximize productivity and leverage expenses for the Home Depotdistribution center. They must also be capable of working withAssociates, Department Supervisors, DC Operations Managers, the General Manager as well as Stores, third party vendors, and the Merchandising, Supply Chain and Operations functions.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 30% Assists General Managers with the evaluation of the effectiveness of and recommends alternatives for work methods, procedures, controls and staffing to achieve accurate and timely movement and processing of product; leading associates to anticipate and solve problems and plan for upcoming events, seasonal changes, etc. to ensure warehouse layout is optimally aligned for maximum efficiency as seasonality and inventory needs require.
- 25% Provides recommendations to General Managers with the DC’s financial, operational, people and process and service related objectives to drive continuous improvement and efficiency gains to reduce overall cost-to-serve; leads associates, and peers to anticipate and solve problems and plan for upcoming events, seasonal changes, etc. Depending on DC, may lead management of 3PL provider to ensure optimal performance and metrics are achieved.
- 15% Leads to ensure operational excellence in all warehouse areas, efficient operations of warehouse management system(s) and related equipment, inventory is received appropriately and efficiently and safely processed in the warehouse, proper layout of warehouse and product placement, and proper maintenance and organization of all warehouse areas so that it’s appearance is conducive to creating a perfect load for our Stores and Customers
- 15% Coaches, trains, and develops management team informally and through formal training programs, providing both informal (e.g. on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g. written evaluation) job performance based feedback. Maintains a union free work environment by creating an employee-centered work place that demonstrates care and concern for all Associates.
- 15% Ensure a culture of safety throughout the organization by following Home Depot safety policies and procedures – monitor DC safety, physical security and operational metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Reports to DC General Manager – II
- Accountable for the management of a department or functional group through subordinate supervisors/managers and for all personnel issues — including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes which cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. Ability to be on-call at various times.. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be open to relocation. Because of the nature of RetailDistribution, your flexibility to relocate will translate into increased opportunities for advancement.
- Bachelors Degree concentrating in Operations Management, Business or Supply Chain
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel software applications
- Previous change management experience (driving, influencing and inspiring change through communication at all impacted levels).
Job ID: 110730