Our location in Austin, TX currently has an opportunity for Sr. Manager, DBS Marketing. This role will have primary responsibility for facilitating integrated business planning and market development for Deep Brain Stimulation products for the United States, Latin America and Canada. This role will drive and lead commercial planning, collaboration, visibility and accountability to mobilize Abbott Neuromodulation resources across the company to execute on DBS product strategies.
- Chief responsible for deep developing and communication pain market dynamics, customer evolution, competitive activities within Americas markets.
- Responsible to identify customer needs and create and drive programs and strategies leading to revenue growth and defense of current business
- Responsible for product launch planning and execution across the US, Canadian and Latin American geography
- Collaborates across stakeholders to gain alignment and visibility, ensure execution and track progress against the Americas (United States, Latin America and Canada) integrated business plans. Identifies, predicts, prevents and resolves issues and obstacles impacting the program timeline and execution quality.
- Partners with sales leaders to build quarterly plan of action to drive field execution of marketing initiatives.
- Work with global marketing and other marketing peer groups to efficiently execute global product strategies and communicate specific geography needs.
- Works cross-functionally to develop, target and measure training-based initiatives such as Multi-Physician Education programs, peer-to-peer education, Fellows training, etc. training on appropriate product use in new standards of care.
- Using strong business acumen, domain expertise, strategic thinking and data, prioritizes investment of financial and human resources to yield the greatest business results in the United States, Latin America and Canada. Engages with Program Management and Product Marketing to drive product and data development priorities and ensures implementation in support of launch preparation, sales execution and market development.
- Engages strategically with the sales force and key customers to build the Abbott Neuromodulation brand, advance market development and enable sales.
- Defines, tracks and reports metrics regarding geography specific Chronic Pain business planning and execution. Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status. Uses best business practices to ensure success in areas of responsibility
- Develops sound business models and analyzes business opportunity factoring investment costs, COGS, cost of sales/service and revenue returns.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
Customer Engagement and Targeting
- Develop and execute customer targeting strategy and programs based on relevant and available market data and other strategic rationale
- Develop relationships with key customers and KOLs in order to influence perception of Abbott technology and drive product adoption and revenue
- Create a positive and winning-focused culture across Product Managers on the team and across other functional and cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for developing employee development plans to ensure individual growth in order to meet business needs and realize employee potential.
- Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback. Sets goals which align to department plans and manages the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to motivate and lead a diverse staff to drive the execution of critical strategies and programs across a large organization.
- Understanding of the complexities of the market and customer needs
- Ability to accurately evaluate and assess complex processes; identify possible solutions and drive to resolution
- Background of success in growing markets