We are looking for DBMS Architect ?for our client in Richardson, TX
Job Title: DBMS Architect
Job Location: Richardson, TX
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Should have worked on different databases like Oracle, SQL, MYSQL and DB2 DBA.
- Be able to develop PLSQL, SQL and write stored Procedures.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Architect databases based on project requirements- Memory, CPU, Space, Network, etc.
- Microsoft project or similar program proficiency is a plus.
- Work directly with the application teams and/or vendors to design a solution that meets their requirements.
- Capable of working on multiple large projects simultaneously
- Design, develop and document conceptual, logical and physical models for multiple data sources.
- Determine optimal levels of referential integrity and normalizations in adherence to best practices and performance tuning strategies.
- Experience in providing highly technical expertise and support in the use of DBMS.
- Evaluating and recommending available DBMS products to support validated user requirements.
- Must be able to define datatypes, optimal normalization, referential integrity, triggers, partitioning design, indexing methods and data security procedures for specific user applications.
- Develop and implement database backup and recovery strategies for the various environments and ensure that the data integrity, security, recoverability, and replication are built into the design.
- Engages with business analysts and stakeholders to understand the functional requirements and contributes to the completion of the DBMS specifications.
- Prepare and deliver well organized presentations and project status reviews to the stakeholders including process owners and vendors.
- Translate requirements into business functional and design documentation for large, complex projects.
- Provide recommendations and strategies to application owners to improve performance and scalability of database components. This includes upgrades, new features not present in lower versions and DBMSsecurity patching schedules.
- Provide architectural guidance on strategies to improve operations and monitoring of current and future implementations.
- Unix, AIX and Windows Platform experience for DB2
- Windows Platform for SQLSERVER.