5 - 7 years
Posted 165 days ago
The Department of Biomedical and Health Informatics (DBHi) at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is seeking an Information Analyst III to extract and transform data from a variety of clinical and supporting non-clinical data sources to enable research initiatives. The amount and complexity of the data will demand careful attention to details of the underlying data model and may result in large schema changes or mapping. The candidate should possess strong SQL programming skills, basic performance tuning and must be able to communicate with the research teams to efficiently translate clinical data models into interpretable information for biomedical research activities.
• Will generally extract and transform data from a variety of clinical and supporting non-clinical data sources to enable research and quality improvement initiatives leading to research across a rapidly evolving academic research enterprise.
• Understands data validation, loading, and structures at an intermediate level.
• Efficiently manipulates large-scale and complex data sets using a variety of formatting and/or analysis languages such as Perl, Python, and Java.
• The amount and complexity of the data, especially those associated with genomic experiments, will demand careful attention to details of the underlying data model and may result in large schema changes or mapping.
• Meets with researchers and other customers to establish project goals and scope, set expectations concerning feasibility and timelines, and generally discuss solutions.
• Transforms data models of high complexity into “research-ready” data models also of high complexity by employing code, knowledge of disparate schemas and SQL varieties, and large data set manipulation techniques.
• Defines strategy for each report, given knowledge of underlying schemas, integration requirements for disparate data sources (e.g., ETL), coding solutions, and 3rd party tool availability.
• Makes oral presentations to colleagues, clients, and administration when requested.
• Appropriately manages expectations of development time, functionality of resulting modules, and short-term vs. long-term achievements
• Can provide moderate on-the-job training/guidance to other analysts for one or more querying, analytical, and formatting languages such as Perl, Python, Java, SQL, R, PosgreSQL and API programming.
• Serves as lead for unit-level activities such as code reviews, etc.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
EPIC - Clarity Certification (90 days)
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in computer related field or commensurate experience.
Required Experience: 4-8 years of data extraction / manipulation experience, preferably in a healthcare environment.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Master’s degree. Candidates with a degree in the life sciences, but who have pursued a career in informatics is highly desirable.
Additional Technical Requirements
Information Security Requirements