Oracle EBS Apps DBA – Intermediate 5 + Years Senior Consultant 9+ years experience
Velocity Technology Solutions is expanding and is adding an experienced Oracle Apps DBA to join our dynamic and highly successful team Global EBS DBA Team. The Global EBS DBA Team supports over 200 customers around the world offering a variety of platform, technology and application opportunities to successful candidates. Velocity offers Cloud services across public, private and hybrid cloud environments and is an Advanced AWS partner.
Velocity Technology Solutions is looking for Intermediate Consultant Oracle EBS Applications DBA.
- Work in a 24 x 7 shift rotation as part of the Tiger Team to provide Services to new and existing customers.
- Report to the DBA Director.
- Follow Incident management guidelines to ensure Incidents, advanced troubleshooting, and automation are acknowledged, accepted and completed.
- Adhere to Incident Escalation via senior DBAs and other stakeholders.
- troubleshooting of Installs, Upgrades and migrations of EBS platforms for new and existing customers on public, private and hybrid cloud.
- Perform system health checks, compile recommendations and establish root cause for chronic issues.
- Engage with various stakeholders within Velocity, Oracle, 3rd party vendors and customer management.
- Lead Global EBS DBA Team on adoption of new technology and assist other DBA teams on rollout.
- Develop new automated solutions which can be deployed to Velocity customer base and transition into the managed service teams.
- Work with Global DBA supervisors and Senior Management team to streamline process via development of automated solutions or rollout of advanced configuration.
- Support,maintain and enhance the suite of customer applications developed for the Global EBS team to automate cloning, Backup management and maintenance.
- Participate in Project Management of individual assigned tasks and larger DB Projects
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well organised, ability to manage and prioritize workload and work independently.
- Competent in developing documented process and adhering to DBA standards and best practices as you deliver solutions.
- Strong experience in the following areas:
- EBS System Installs/Upgrades with high availability and other complex configurations.
- EBS platform migrations.
- Performance tuning.
- Rollout of new technologies and applications.
- Experience with some of the following technologies:
- Scripting : Perl, Python, C Shell, Bourne Shell, Korn shell.
- OS: OEL, AIX, Solaris.
- Oracle DBMS 11g, 12c, RAC, Enterprise Edition, OEM.
- Oracle EBS 10.x, 11.x, 12.x
- Exposure to Project Management techniques and processes.
- Middleware: OBIEE, Hyperion, SSO, UPK, Demantra, Vertex, SOA, APEX, VCP.
- Any exposure to Infor, EBS, JDE, SQL Server DBMS, AWS, OCI would be advantageous.
- Evidence of professional Certificatio