We are looking for DBA Architect Developer for our client in Raleigh, NC
Job Title: DBA Architect Developer
Job Location: Raleigh, NC
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- The IT Enterprise Level Database Architect/Developer will provide data analysis, design, and database management, maintenance, enhancement, design for data dictionaries, physical and logical database models, and performance tuning, as well as logical administration of application objects within database; maintenance of business requirements for database, database schema, data maps, ERDs, application objects (i.e., tables, indexes, views, etc.); performance of database application tuning; provision of business and data requirements and data for capacity planning.
- Position is also responsible for physical environment-level administration; installation/patch/upgrade of database software; management of HA, database-level security; maintenance of database configuration files and data files; completion of database reorganizations, environment tuning, refreshes, exports and imports, backup and recovery; performance of capacity planning driven by technology and resource usage trends. Contractor is expected to be able to work without assistance; must follow existing NC DHHS standards and policies; able to manage high complexity work efforts.
- The candidate is expected to be hands-on in writing T-SQL scripts at an expert level; performing ETL with legacy data including FoxPro, MS Access and MS Excel; processing and storing JSON strings in SQL server; re-mapping legacy data into new table structure in MS SQL; understanding complex business logic and data relationship that are embedded in the legacy data.
- Experience with data analysis and database management, maintenance, and enhancement.
- Experience designing data dictionaries, physical and logical database models; ability to interpret and migrate existing legacy database structures.
- Experience with performance tuning and logical administration of application objects within the database.
- Experience developing business requirements for database, database schema, data maps, ERDs, and application objects (i.e., tables, indexes, views).
- Experience performing database application tuning and providing business and data requirements, and data for capacity planning.
- Able to work without assistance and able to manage high complexity work efforts
- SQL Server experience, version 2014 or newer
- FoxPro, MS Excel and MS Access experience for converting to SQL Server
- Advanced understanding of ETL tools and techniques with focus on SQL Server tools
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Hands-on experience with JSON technology for SQL Server
- Visual Studio 2015/2017
- Subversion / SVN
- State Government experience
- ElasticSearch (as an enterprise search engine)
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM development methodology
- Visio Diagrams, Microsoft .NET Technology (C#, Entity Framework etc.)